+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any videos of the penalty shouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyisgod View Post
    I believe this is the same ref who gave us 2 penalties away at Solihull
    It isn't. It's already been said that the ref at Solihull was Robert Massey-Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I just watched back the video of the penalty that was given against us vs Oldham.

Incredible that one was given and the one last night wasn’t. I’ve no words really. Not going to go as far as saying the officials are corrupt but the level of inconsistency and basic incompetence is tough to take, especially when all these decisions are going against us.

Thats 6 points basically lost over two dodgy decisions.
    That’s five points, but off the top of my head there was also a stonewall penalty not given against Boreham Wood when Nemane was completely wiped out and onside - so that’s already 7 points. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more, too.

It would be nice if these things started evening themselves out before the end of the bloody season.

Lewis Smith has been appointed as the fourth official for the Derby County match on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    People mocking the likes of me for suggesting brown envelopes are flying between Wrexham's owners and the National league referees, need to give an explanation as to why that was not a penalty, and to just say the ref's are poor at this level doesn't cut it when you see decisions like the one yesterday. It wasn't a split second decision to make like when a player dives over an outstretched leg, but two or three seconds of trying to haul a player to the ground with a bear hug ffs.
    The fact is that as much as people like to believe that life is fair and there is an even playing field is just stuff taught to kids in school, in the real world there is favouritism and corruption everywhere
    Anybody that is rich, while pretending to be whiter than white, has probably stepped over many people to get where they are

Football is no different, full of corruption and back hand dealings, several famous footballers have even admitted that this has happened, did,nt Bruce Grobular admit to football matches being fixed

In this case , Wrexham and the Hollywood dream is going to happen, somewhere along the line to many people stand to gain financially along the way, so it will happen one way or another, if not by fair play, by underhand means

That is a horrendous decision. That said, I think any talk of brown envelopes or some grand conspiracy to help Wrexham win the title is embarrassing. We've had huge games swung by awful refs before. Remember the penalty against us in the playoffs against Coventry? That was equally as bad.

I think refs should be held more accountable. Maybe then they'd see what everyone else sees. What if we miss out on top spot by a point? What if that then means our best players leave? How do you quantify the damage caused by abject refereeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The fact is that as much as people like to believe that life is fair and there is an even playing field is just stuff taught to kids in school, in the real world there is favouritism and corruption everywhere
    Anybody that is rich, while pretending to be whiter than white, has probably stepped over many people to get where they are

Football is no different, full of corruption and back hand dealings, several famous footballers have even admitted that this has happened, did,nt Bruce Grobular admit to football matches being fixed

In this case , Wrexham and the Hollywood dream is going to happen, somewhere along the line to many people stand to gain financially along the way, so it will happen one way or another, if not by fair play, by underhand means
    I agree that Wrexham spending another season in the NL is suicide for the documentary, but I think all these conspiracy theories just reflect badly on us as a fanbase. I can see why some people do it. It's a psychological coping mechanism to think of a reason why our failure to the win the league isn't our fault. Righteous indignation is pretty cathartic. But come on, we've had bad refs before. Everyone club has. The problem is the refs.

For what it's worth, I think if you swap Mullin for Langstaff in that situation, it is a pen. Not because of some grand conspiracy, but because Mullin's an expert at turning any kind of contact in the box into a penalty. And he only tries all that nonsense because it works. And it only works because the refs are awful.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 26-02-2023 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyisgod View Post
    Lewis Smith has been appointed as the fourth official for the Derby County match on Tuesday.
    If I'd been on the selection panel he'd have been the fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That is a horrendous decision. That said, I think any talk of brown envelopes or some grand conspiracy to help Wrexham win the title is embarrassing. We've had huge games swung by awful refs before. Remember the penalty against us in the playoffs against Coventry? That was equally as bad.

I think refs should be held more accountable. Maybe then they'd see what everyone else sees. What if we miss out on top spot by a point? What if that then means our best players leave? How do you quantify the damage caused by abject refereeing?
    Exactly and i smelt corruption surrounding Coventry getting through also, similar in that to many people stood to gain financially, it was bound to happen . esp at that time as hardy was basically bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree that Wrexham spending another season in the NL is suicide for the documentary, but I think all these conspiracy theories just reflect badly on us as a fanbase. I can see why some people do it. It's a psychological coping mechanism to think of a reason why our failure to the win the league isn't our fault. Righteous indignation is pretty cathartic. But come on, we've had bad refs before. Everyone club has. The problem is the refs.
    Apart from Wrexham, what bad refs have they had, what decisions have gone against them, and how many. Hence why they will win, its not a coping mechanism its the exact reason why they will win. Nothing but corruption based on money
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-02-2023 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Exactly and i smelt corruption surrounding Coventry getting through also, similar in that to many people stood to gain financially, it was bound to happen . esp at that time as hardy was basically bankrupt
    I agree more so in the case of Coventry than Wrexham - wasn't it a four goal swing the refs gave them over two legs? But still, unless there's proof of this kind of thing happening regularly, it just sounds a bit far-fetched.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-02-2023 at 01:28 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast