+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: £13 Million in debt? Is someone stealing from Mark Ogren via Our Club? Polis matter?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Very good. But I'd rather not say why I believe this to be honest. Suffice to say it's not just off social media.
    Couldnt resist a bit of pedantry TTT 😎

For all I know it might be 13, the way Asghar has been spending Orgrens cash.
    And, I think Ogren has to bear some of the responsibility for being gullible enough to put his faith in one man and one man only to the exclusion of all others, then doubling down on his support for that man when it's obvious that the man he's continued to put his faith in has made so many mistakes which have damaged his bank balance - and the club.

When Mark Ogren came to Dundee United he made an introductory talk which sounded great. The only thing I thought was amiss was that he said he hoped to turn a profit. Not many Scottish clubs turn a profit. Covid of course scuppered any chance of coining it in the game with no crowds.

Very good. But I'd rather not say why I believe this to be honest. Suffice to say it's not just off social media.
    OK fair enough. But were you there? This claim has grown arms and legs yet there doesnt appear to be much substance to it. Even if he has put IN 13 million it certainly doesnt mean the club are in 13 million debt. For one thing part of that is buying back assets. Assetts are not a debt, they have value.

It sounds like "I have put in 13 million and not had a return yet". But the value of the clubs assets have increased and those assets belong to MO.

Is that closer to the mark TTT ITK?

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    OK fair enough. But were you there? This claim has grown arms and legs yet there doesnt appear to be much substance to it. Even if he has put IN 13 million it certainly doesnt mean the club are in 13 million debt. For one thing part of that is buying back assets. Assetts are not a debt, they have value.

It sounds like "I have put in 13 million and not had a return yet". But the value of the clubs assets have increased and those assets belong to MO.

Buying back assets will be debt if the owner gave the club a loan to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post

That is the best description of where i think we are at financially.

I'm not really ITK. Just heard some things from folk I trust, could easily be *******s. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Couldnt resist a bit of pedantry TTT ��

For all I know it might be 13, the way Asghar has been spending Orgrens cash.
    And, I think Ogren has to bear some of the responsibility for being gullible enough to put his faith in one man and one man only to the exclusion of all others, then doubling down on his support for that man when it's obvious that the man he's continued to put his faith in has made so many mistakes which have damaged his bank balance - and the club.

This is pretty much what I meant by the Original post.

Buying back assets will be debt if the owner gave the club a loan to do it!
    true indeed but the owner of the majority shares also owns that loan so it shouldn't be included as part of him saying he has put 13 mill in. He's loaned it. Quite different. Without knowing what he actually said off-record at the AGM I've got no chance. Did he say 13 million of debt or he has put in 13 mill? If he has loaned a portion then thats different. Will be an obstacle to new (complete) ownership though.

I remember something about DUSF trying to get guarantees if they invested in the assets (Gussie) that it could be sold off. Am I right on this?

Anyone heard anything about fan ownership? How much does arabtrust own? I'm being a bit lazy here but its late and i cant be arse looking up companies house

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)