+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religion Frank...

Religion Frank...

Why did you decide to go to church,did your parents take you as kid and are you still a practising Christian or don't you bother with Sunday morning mass anymore?

My neighbour used to take me and my earliest memories are of sermons back in the 60's with an old vicar doing the preaching,all brimstone and fire stuff which I took to heart and scared me to death,I often wonder where he's buried because the church that I attended didn't have a graveyard,he seemed to hate everyone and if I did something wrong it felt like he knew about it in his sermon the following Sunday morning

It never occurred to me that my parents used to preach to me the Bible whenever it was appropriate but never went to church,I honestly can't remember them ever going but if I did something wrong then I would get the hard back version of the Bible smacked around the back of my head and told to go to my room and read it until I learnt the error of my ways,strange times when you think about them

I'm having doubts about religion and it's not for the first time,what do you say Frank,do you sometimes think that the evidence just isn't there and God was probably invented to scare the sh1t out of us thousands of years ago and it got out of hand,there's been different God's since time began so how do we know that ours won't fade into history like the others of past?

I have always believed, even from a young age, it takes no effort. I have had occasional doubts that lasted about ten seconds, it felt like betraying my parents to the Germans, or something like that, sinful, wrong, evil.

Like you i remember going to church, a sacred church, full, incensed, wonderful stain glassed windows of saints being put to death, choirs, dressed like alter servers, an organ, loud almost satanic, several priests, and above all feeling god was there. But its deeper than that, its not a show or entertainment.

Dont you feel that? As a young child it was as if i was between worlds, here and not here, but from where we came, lets not go there. Havent you had experiences that you cant explain?

And as an adult the near death thing confirmed it all, and to some degree i know what they are talking about. They discuss pre birth life plans, and i think i remember mine, who can be sure?, were not meant to remember. Has it come to pass?, you bet, in spades, no im not telling you what it is. And thats just scratching the surface.

Whoever reads this and doesnt have a belief will think im crazy, and i dont give a fck. As for your belief chalky, you must find your own path, as we all do, you are a god in your own right, you have complete control over what happens to you, and all other lower life forms.

To me, for you to say that religion was invented to scare people is seriously superficial, thats 2ft 6in in a sea miles deep.

Look up at the stars. When you see the face of god, you will see your own reflection.

I see what you are saying and thanks for the reply,it does help to be honest,I've got a lot on my plate right now what with one thing and another and it's been simmering at the back of my mind for a long time

Cheers Frank

I was baptised CofE but never really went to Church every week so to speak. I do recall an early memory of Sunday school to be confirmed though. Can’t remember if it was the primary school as think the Church Lads Brigade came after I think which kept me off the streets & got me into the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme. Stopped me from ending up like most kids I grew up with, in prison or the cemetery for one reason or another.
    Both my kids were brought up Roman Catholic & it was frowned upon at primary for not going to mass. The Priest Father Brindle was understanding of my religion and never preached at me to convert..

To answer the greater question here.. do I believe in religion.. not really.. but it is embedded in me. Do I believe in Noah Built an Ark, Adam & Eve, Moses parting the sea? No I do not. Do I believe in heaven & hell? Who knows what happens at the end..

What I do know is I have the utmost respect for Christian & Catholic Churches and Vicars / Priests..

I find at times a visit to a Church a comfort in time of need or seeking quietness & solace when I have needed to. They listen and do not judge and the times in my life I have done (not many tbh)… I found it a help if that helps?

Of course. Why shouldnt you feel comforted, and more. There is scientific undeniable evidence that life continues after death, not only that, but dying is enjoyable.

Not at the start though, there comes a point when the dying think this is ok, even good. Your cosciousness becomes expanded, you become part of the universe. You think it, and it happens. God is light.

The dying are witnesses to things that they cant possibly know, and report it on revival. Almost all look forward to dying again, none fear it.

Those that come back do so for family reasons, mostly though to tell of their experieces, to people like you and i. There is no reason to argue, accept it or not.

Dr Mary Neal on you tube is a good start, she was caught in a canoe with fif**** feet of water crashing on on her, the tip of her canoe was caught in rocks, she drowned for thirty minutes. Paramedics were waiting for her in Chile in the middle of nowhere when they recovered her body. Chile had no pramedics in the middle of nowhere. The force broke her legs, backwards. there are countless others, of people you would never think would report nonsense, because it isnt.

Your loved ones, and loved ones from before will greet you when you die.

Feeling good, ? dip your bread. You aint seen nothing yet. Other stories are just as amazing.

As for the catholic church, like all things on this forsaken s ithole, its as corrupt as it comes. But churches are quiet places, speak to yourself, expect the best. Your mind creates in a god like way. Why think bad things? And in equal measure, it can destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Of course. Why shouldnt you feel comforted, and more. There is scientific undeniable evidence that life continues after death, not only that, but dying is enjoyable.
    That can't be true can it Frank?

If there was scientific undeniable evidence of life after death then the church would be filled to the rafters with born again Christians and somebody would be taking my usual seat and the back of the church

This is the scientific evidence. A person is dead and can see and hear their relatatives in another room, and reports to them on revival what was said.

They can do that because they were there.

In my book thats science, irrefutable evidence. There are uncountable things like that, you dont need some ****, over intellectual, projecting their own beliefs, casting doubt with equally untested s hite, talking nonsense, and called a doctor.

Its not believed because its too good, anything too good will be dumped, because your frame of reference is this hill of beetle dung, the earth.

Have you looked up Dr Mary Neal? No. If you do, it will be too good to be true, and you will shrink from it, the reality of being alive, conscious has nothing to do with suffering, except on this earth.

One of the reasons for this is that without dark, there is no light etc, how will you know light without dark?

Your mind is a crucible of creation, beware, think good things, and it appears. Think bad etc, think that there is no god, bullseye. Bestow upon yourself eternity, an eternity of joy and wonder. How though? There is a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    This is the scientific evidence. A person is dead and can see and hear their relatatives in another room, and reports to them on revival what was said.

In my book thats science, irrefutable evidence.

Your mind is a crucible of creation, beware, think good things

There is a secret.
    I was taught in church that when you die there is no need of fear as you will be entering into another room where your relatives and love ones will be waiting for you,maybe this is what they thought that they saw before they came back,it's what they wanted to believe and genuinely believe it,tbh I'm gonna need more concrete proof rather than some people believing that the entered the next room because I think once that you're in there then that's it,there's no return and let's face it,who would want to?

Anyway Frank,just between you and me what's the secret? 😏

No no no ckalky. You refer to dead relatives, im referring to relatives that are alive. Have you looked up May Neal? No.

I've just read up on her Frank and I'm a bit dubious tbh,if she really did die and then came back after her accident it would have been a truly extraordinary tale that she had to tell,but then she tells about the time that her 4 year old son told her that he wouldn't reach 18 and indeed died before his time,then there's the "angels" that she saw at the side of the river and that she dreamt that a boy appeared to her in something that was more than a dream and told her that he was the spirit of her son only to read the next day in a newspaper that that very boy had passed away in a car crash,it's just too much to believe that's happened to just one person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)