+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Heroes, every last one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    to be fair they said with the players they have they should be beating teams like Rotherham and they have a point, but they have a manager that thinks football is an art form and it is about pretty patterns, that is crap it is about getting the most out of what you have and finding a system to score goals, keep cleansheets and win the game
    Don’t agree at all,it was a few cheap baseless swipes from him and Robinson.if they listened to their managers interview clearly they haven”t got the players to beat us by right.and to say it a few times was even more pertinent.

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    Both Morrison and Robinson said Swansea should be beating teams like Rotherham.How insulting to our great team that is.We have to outgrow the image of being relegation fodder!
    Correct

I doubt we'll ever really get away from it tbh.

It's just lazy punditry and same with journos
    Don't have to really do any preparation or actual analysis.
    Just trot out the same tired old cliches.

It does nark me a bit sometimes, but mostly I think
    F OO K 'em
    let them keep saying it and we'll keep surprising these teams.

Another one to add to the list of "top" (ahem)
    teams who CAN'T beat little old Rotheham

#teamslikeRotherham 😆 🤣 😂 😆 🤣 😂

Here are some comments from the Sky pundits and the local South Wales Press. Seems very complimentary to me.

And Sky Sports pundits Clinton Morrison and Paul Robinson both referred to Ogbene's refreshing traits after his star performance against the Swans.

"I thought he was outstanding, he was always a threat," said Morrison. "He plays on the right-hand side, but whatever position you ask him to do, he'll do a job for the team.

"He's a threat, he's a handful, he's been outstanding for Rotherham. He always wants to take his full-back on and commit people.

"His goal is very fortunate, but if you don't get in that six-yard box, you don't score goals. I thought he caused Swansea problems all evening."

Robinson added: "He's direct isn't he? He's not afraid of taking players on. He finds himself quite isolated at the top of the pitch in this formation that they play, but he's not afraid to try and make something of a situation.

"I thought Rotherham were really good tonight. We discussed before the game about how poor their away record is, I thought it was an all-round excellent performance by them."

....the statistics typify how impressive Rotherham were.

Ogbene interview on bbc sounds, hope he sticks by what he’s saying and puts a shift in next home game

Chieo Chieo

https://t.co/i58BLzLCKg

I don't get to watch The Millers much with living in Thailand . Staying up to watch the game at 3.00am I cannot for the sake of me see where the stats show Swansea 65% and The Millera 35% to me it looked other way round .

Hopefully Pelt's only suffered a tweak on his hamstring.
    We're going to be short of options at the back if not.

As for the game could/should have been 3 points.

Washington that's 3 or 4 times in games he's been through a took too many touches. Hit it first time !

Kelly, almost did it again with first touch off the bench but for a reaction sabe from the keeper.

Here's hoping for 3 points on Saturday

On loan Leo from Leeds United is excellent signing by the club, he likes to get
    stuck in, perhaps he could become a new break your legs Hunter, with his
    commitment.
    Well done to the club in getting him here at the NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Leo he's made difference.
    I agree and to think some donut wanted to move him and play him in a back 3.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast