+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 📺Luke Williams Interview: Unbeaten Run and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether he will play him or not, it is the fact he is available that is the good news. If LW thinks he gives us the best chance of winning the, or a game, whether as a starter or a sub then I am happy to go with LW decision. That goes for all squad players. I may not always agree with the team LW selects but trust he knows a tad more than I do about winning football matches. Results so far this season seem to back this up.
    It does matter, he is a goal scorer and that's why we signed him and Macca. If he is fit, he needs to play, so does Austin. Overloading the team with midfield players doesn't wash with me. I see it as an excuse just to give the new players game time. We should not be dropping players who have just scored in previous games for sake of it.. I'm sure there will be plenty of happy clappers who say they needed a rest and cant play two games a week Bla Bla Bla. Wrexham didnt need to change a winning team, and they played on Saturday...
    Last edited by durhampie; 01-03-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Durham you really don’t get it.
    The majority of times Scott is on the pitch he plays left of the 3 behind Langstaff alongside Ruben and whoever is on the right (in this midfield 3)
    Look where Scott is when he got fouled by King to get sent off.
    Also the pressing style we play means that we are consuming a lot of energy,hence why we alternate to keep players fresh and as injury as ever.
    We aren’t certain about Wrexham yet they have been running on adrenaline but also a lot of their fans have said that they have suffered a lot more injuries than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Durham you really don’t get it.
    The majority of times Scott is on the pitch he plays left of the 3 behind Langstaff alongside Ruben and whoever is on the right (in this midfield 3)
    Look where Scott is when he got fouled by King to get sent off.
    Also the pressing style we play means that we are consuming a lot of energy,hence why we alternate to keep players fresh and as injury as ever.
    We aren’t certain about Wrexham yet they have been running on adrenaline but also a lot of their fans have said that they have suffered a lot more injuries than us.
    I do get it, because it will cost us promotion. We have had the best chance of winning this league. We are a better team than Wrexham, but to be so, we need a consistent eleven. Not change it every week. We should not have changed the team that had just beaten Barnet. LW was trying to be clever and it backfired on him..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I do get it, because it will cost us promotion. We have had the best chance of winning this league. We are a better team than Wrexham, but to be so, we need a consistent eleven. Not change it every week. We should not have changed the team that had just beaten Barnet. LW was trying to be clever and it backfired on him..
    What you you can’t quantify is the overall effect of rotating the squad. We play a high energy pressing game, Wrexham don’t. Wrexham don’t overly have a pattern of play, what they do have is players that were regularly playing in L1 and L2 and they rely on those individuals to drag them through. Comparing us to them is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What you you can’t quantify is the overall effect of rotating the squad. We play a high energy pressing game, Wrexham don’t. Wrexham don’t overly have a pattern of play, what they do have is players that were regularly playing in L1 and L2 and they rely on those individuals to drag them through. Comparing us to them is like comparing chalk and cheese.
    We play a possession game, which is not high energy pressing. Just because someone says it is you dont have to believe it. Its just e new terminology that all clubs use to baffle people. Bostock for instance was continually passing the ball back, that is not what i would call high energy. The only high energy players, Austin and Jones were both dropped. Apart from them the only other high tempo player on the pitch was Macca.

We play a possession game, which is not high energy pressing. Just because someone says it is you dont have to believe it. Its just e new terminology that all clubs use to baffle people. Bostock for instance was continually passing the ball back, that is not what i would call high energy. The only high energy players, Austin and Jones were both dropped. Apart from them the only other high tempo player on the pitch was Macca.
    I would definitely played one of them Sat, that said they came on and we actually result wise did worse but get your view.
    The challenge Scott has is we play 1 up front and it works, we’re the leagues highest scorers, despite the fees and salaries Wrexham have paid.
    The flipside of looking at it is would chicks have nearly got 10 goals or whatever he has with 2 up front? I would say nowhere near as he gets the freedom because we are heavier in midfield. That’s the system and then means basically Scot is now up against Austin and Jones for a starting attacking midfielder spot.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I would definitely played one of them Sat, that said they came on and we actually result wise did worse but get your view.
    The challenge Scott has is we play 1 up front and it works, we’re the leagues highest scorers, despite the fees and salaries Wrexham have paid.
    The flipside of looking at it is would chicks have nearly got 10 goals or whatever he has with 2 up front? I would say nowhere near as he gets the freedom because we are heavier in midfield. That’s the system and then means basically Scot is now up against Austin and Jones for a starting attacking midfielder spot.
    I certainly wouldn't play either Bostock or Nemane. I would have Jones in for Nemane and Austin replacing Bostock. This would allow Scott to play just behind macca. With lemoneigh Evans, O`Brien, Bostock, Nemane and Joel Taylor on the bench.

I certainly wouldn't play either Bostock or Nemane. I would have Jones in for Nemane and Austin replacing Bostock. This would allow Scott to play just behind macca. With lemoneigh Evans, O`Brien, Bostock, Nemane and Joel Taylor on the bench.
    Well there is a question mark where Bostock fits in, clearly a new position on the left of the diamond and it’s a different role he has to if Austin plays there, he wasn’t great Sat but was good against Barnet. You have your opinion regarding Nemane. I would say Jones is a better player but not sure his style of play is suited at wingback but if he can play there consistently well then great and also a good option on the other side.
    Where do you play Ruben then? Right side of the diamond? Doesn’t that then nullify some of his qualities not playing further forward?

You have just said in your earlier post durham, Austin and Jones are high energy players, hence being rested on the bench, not dropped as you say. We did not lose on Saturday through team selection, but because of the referee and questionably bad finishing. Two of those bad finishes were from Jones, who you wanted in the team. I doubt very much LW would tinker just to be clever as that would be stupid. If we were lucky enough to have more players with engines like Palmer and Chicksen, I am sure there would be less changes of a winning side, unless very obviously tactical, which we very rarely change anyway to any great degree.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast