+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 📺Luke Williams Interview: Unbeaten Run and more...

I understand where durham is coming from in that I've always thought that this 'they can't play two games in a week' thing is ridiculous, but I wouldn't for a second question the team selections of Luke Williams. Whatever he's done so far has worked brilliantly, and apart from Cotterill's short spell I haven't had so much confidence in a Notts manager for a very long time.

If the two games in a week theory is correct however, Bromley played at Torquay yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well there is a question mark where Bostock fits in, clearly a new position on the left of the diamond and it’s a different role he has to if Austin plays there, he wasn’t great Sat but was good against Barnet. You have your opinion regarding Nemane. I would say Jones is a better player but not sure his style of play is suited at wingback but if he can play there consistently well then great and also a good option on the other side.
    Where do you play Ruben then? Right side of the diamond? Doesn’t that then nullify some of his qualities not playing further forward?
    I would play a 3 5 1 1 . Rawlinson, Cam and Baj. Chicksen and Jones wing backs. Austin RM, Rodders CM with Palmer, and Scott LM with Macca up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    You have just said in your earlier post durham, Austin and Jones are high energy players, hence being rested on the bench, not dropped as you say. We did not lose on Saturday through team selection, but because of the referee and questionably bad finishing. Two of those bad finishes were from Jones, who you wanted in the team. I doubt very much LW would tinker just to be clever as that would be stupid. If we were lucky enough to have more players with engines like Palmer and Chicksen, I am sure there would be less changes of a winning side, unless very obviously tactical, which we very rarely change anyway to any great degree.
    To say Austin has not played that many games this season he has been rested an awful lot... Its just an excuse to give his new signings game time.. The same has applied to Scott, who i remember not being too happy at being taken off after just scoring a goal..

I would do what LW does and mix it up depending on opposition,players fitness etc etc and by rotating the squad are all involved and so together
    To say Nemane and JB not being near the team is ridiculous especially Nemane who has been our main creator of chances and there appears to be one poster who thinks that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    To say Austin has not played that many games this season he has been rested an awful lot... Its just an excuse to give his new signings game time.. The same has applied to Scott, who i remember not being too happy at being taken off after just scoring a goal..
    I don't get why new players are quickly given game time at the expense of players who have suited the system all season.

Reedtz Bros interview.

durham seem to be only person who has it in for LW. Any signing with a whiff of a connection to him is considered a 'mate'. If you are struggling with LW as our coach I would love to see the man you would want at the helm. Name me one goalscorer who would be happy after just having scored a goal, to be subbed. Maybe LW should have asked him, 'are you ok to come off, if you feel a bit upset then you can stay on'. You also have this fixation that because we signed them both from Gateshead where they played in certain positions that they should also do this for us, quite weird.

And on sirtle, they get about don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would play a 3 5 1 1 . Rawlinson, Cam and Baj. Chicksen and Jones wing backs. Austin RM, Rodders CM with Palmer, and Scott LM with Macca up top.
    Having seen Scott play there on the left as you say I’m not convinced by it. Don’t get me wrong he puts in a good shift and has got some goals from there but technically I don’t think it’s his best position. There is an argument not playing him all the time keeps him fresh and a great option to replace Langstaff if needed. I think he’s been unlucky on how the system/season has turned out, as an out and out striker or playing behind I think he would be very good, a bit wider and deeper not so much his game, well that’s my opinion for what it’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Having seen Scott play there on the left as you say I’m not convinced by it. Don’t get me wrong he puts in a good shift and has got some goals from there but technically I don’t think it’s his best position. There is an argument not playing him all the time keeps him fresh and a great option to replace Langstaff if needed. I think he’s been unlucky on how the system/season has turned out, as an out and out striker or playing behind I think he would be very good, a bit wider and deeper not so much his game, well that’s my opinion for what it’s worth.
    Wherever he has played he has managed to score 14 goals, and to me he has earned the right to be in the starting eleven over any new player(s) joining that week or whatever. The same applies to Austin..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast