+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Toney

Ivan Toney

...has admitted many of the 262 charges against him.

With Brentford only 6 points behind us, that's good news for us, tbh. Shame for Brentford as they're having a cracking season and I like the fact that teams such as Brighton, Fulham and Brentford are doing so well.

Silly, silly boy. From what you read/hear (and no, not on social media but from journos), he seems like a bit of a knob. Wasn't picked for England because he doesn't train well, caught on camera saying 'fuck Brentford'

Really good player but glad he's no longer here.

Fker is in my fantasy team.

For a player who doesn't train hes scored a fair few points. Better than what we have currently (Isak will be better eventually).

A knob, yes but he'd have made an impact for us on Sunday.

..a more upmarket Ranger.

Silly move - he could get a hefty ban.

Barton got 18 months (reduced to 12 i think) for similar offences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Fker is in my fantasy team.

For a player who doesn't train hes scored a fair few points. Better than what we have currently (Isak will be better eventually).

A knob, yes but he'd have made an impact for us on Sunday.
    Oh, no, I agree. The fella talking about him on the radio was saying he's the sort of player who needs the motivation of a real game to get the best out of him and, as a player, I'd have him here no worries at all.

But, can you imagine if we'd gone for him in the Summer-we'd have been left with just a misfiring Wilson up front because his ban will be measured in months rather than weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Oh, no, I agree. The fella talking about him on the radio was saying he's the sort of player who needs the motivation of a real game to get the best out of him and, as a player, I'd have him here no worries at all.

But, can you imagine if we'd gone for him in the Summer-we'd have been left with just a misfiring Wilson up front because his ban will be measured in months rather than weeks.
    Good point. I'd like to think as the richest club in the world we'll be shopping at a higher level from now on. Gotta be looking at character as much as talent going forward. I wonder whats happening with raising commercial revenue for the club at the moment to give us a bit more FFP poke? I know the money is there now but we need to justify any spending surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Good point. I'd like to think as the richest club in the world we'll be shopping at a higher level from now on. Gotta be looking at character as much as talent going forward. I wonder whats happening with raising commercial revenue for the club at the moment to give us a bit more FFP poke? I know the money is there now but we need to justify any spending surely.
    I think that’s why we have brought in all these marketing people, to get sponsorship and revenue streams going. That’s what determines how much we can spend,it’s a percentage of turnover/ income and we are way behind thanks to fatty! That’s how I understand it anyway.

Yep. Currently, we have the richest owners but we're not the richest club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep. Currently, we have the richest owners but we're not the richest club.
    That's the important point. A lot has to be done behind the scenes, which has been neglected in the past, to bring us up to a unit which is worthy of huge worldwide sponsorship.

A good start is the increased exposure we are getting with the TV games.

This sort of development needs to be in the hands of the experts already appointed.

We are already years ahead of the FatsoAshley era where all he was concerned about was lining his pockets off this club's back.

It's a fair cop.
    "Brentford striker Ivan Toney has admitted to breaking betting rules, and could face a six month suspension. But the ban won't start immediately, and Ivan has told friends and family he will be available for Brentford's 1-1 draw with Fulham on Monday."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)