+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That's 2 DUK goals better make it into "goal of the season"

Enjoyable though it certainly is to beat the Jute, it has to be remembered that up until that wonderful goal, we were absolutely rank.

Time to get the new manager in.
    We were rank early doors, but they would have started off well against anyone last night, due to their new man in the dugout.

We battled well and took the lead through an excellent goal, only to concede the penalty. We then go and score a further two goals to win.

I think Robson deserves a lot of credit for the past few weeks and unless we are going to bring in someone of real pedigree to manage us, then I am happy to give him the season.

I just watched that Duk goal.

F**kin' hell. That sort of thing should come with an adult content warning.

I wasn’t too keen on giving Robson the job until the end of the season but I think he deserves it now.

See how he gets on and if he finishes 3rd or 4th then possibly give the job to him.

If a decent manager was interested in taking over then by all means get him in but there doesn’t seem to be one that wants the job so Robson seems to be the best option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I agree - how many headers did Fletcher win in our box - on another day, he could have scored three or four. Our two central defenders got nowhere near him.
    Not only headers, he missed an absolute sitter with his feet when the ball broke kindly into his path, keeper was off his line quickly but you'd have thought a player of his experience would still have buried it. He got the sponsors MoM - can only assume the sponsor was a Dons fan!

Forget the statement.. What a fantastic photo.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/03/05/clu...igAckdAdPs9KwQ

This new Dutch keeper seems pretty decent - fit happened to the previous one? Injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    This new Dutch keeper seems pretty decent - fit happened to the previous one? Injured?
    Aye. He is. Hence the signin .... since Joe L is deemed nae good enough.... ( as maist here appear tae agree )

but .. by the wye, havin been busy giggin ower the weekend ... jist caught Duk's goal ... Oh ma heid!! Fkn brill!

Ither goals were crackin as weel.

Didna see the game, Ah gather we were sh!te for the maist part. Disna metter. How many games hae we played ower the last 4/5 years far we dominated possession, but failed tae capitalise? .. f*ck t 45% possession and 3 goals, 3 points, is good wi' me
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 06-03-2023 at 03:05 AM.

I never realised . That whole mainstand is full with Dandies ?

The hurling of objects is unacceptable. But how naive/stupid is it letting away fans take over your main stand , behind the dugouts ?? ( While leaving a whole other part of the ground empty. ( Which looks more obviously like an away end ?)

Putting all the drunken wee Needs in there , and aside from flares , most of the control of any crowd problems would be far more easily contained ?

Probably a Police decision ? Then again the Ojo incident was caused by similar lack of steward/Police sense, eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    He looks a very decent keeper. I suppose being in the Ajax set up helps because they won’t pick dumplings.

Always nice to beat those dayglo pikey minks - especially in these circumstances.

Agree with a lot of above.

Absolutely dreadful first half - we were terrible.
    Better second half.
    Three excellent well made and taken goals
    Duk’s goal was simply sublime - boys a talent
    Another bit of clusterfuuck shambolic defending. We must cut it out.
    Gorter played well, saved us a couple of times.

Let’s not rush into appointing Robson. He’s still very inexperienced in management so I’d personally rather see him as part of a new mgmt team with someone with a proper track record. He’s doing ok though.

Oh, and the Goodwin stuff was bang out of order. These absolute mongols need to wise up. Yes, he was a terrible appointment and manager for us, but he’s never been anything but respectful about AFC and the fans - even after Saturdays game, so that was completely unnecessary.

Leave that shyte to the huns etc lads eh…

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314