+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Was scunnered after that on sat and the fall out but my thoughts are we need to get behind Goodwin

OK, Strange appointment to say the least, almost surreal, few weeks ago seeing him walk out the side of Easter Rd after 6-0 defeat, two weeks after we'd been the better team there losing the last gasp equaliser.. We have no choice but to get behind it but we need this keeper to be average (upgrade on bombscare) because Birighitti look better that Newman which is scary, if he is average then we can stay up (we would have under Fox with an average keeper), let's get behind Goodwin but it's all a little surreal

Doesn't change my opinion though, Fox has been hard done by, Let's not pretend he didn't have a decent record from Oct to mid Jan with the best defensive record in the league over a 13 game period (conceded 1 less than Celtic), he found a system that was working ok despite the keepers (Freeman Smith Edwards McMann Behich) until injuries hit in January, poor transfer window (came out weaker losing watt), facing the old firm, missing pen at Killie, red card at Tynecastle when playing very well, Birighitti v fermers, most of that run undersrength and unable to play the line up that was doing relatively well

Asghar being gone was the main positive thing, was needed to get rid of the toxic feeling about the fan base which does us no good on matchdays and not in the situation we are in, him being part of the club was causing too much negative vibes, hopefully him being gone gets rid of that and unites the fans behind the team

Not comfortable with local consortium rumours and hoping Ogren stays atleast as majority owner, appointing a new less divisive SD, the further away from being locally or fan owned we are the better

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    From what we have seen so far this season, unprofessional conduct and application are not in short supply. Yes there will always be players who want to go out there and get stuck in, but overall there is a malaise within the team which eithers accompanies them onto the pitch, or at some point during a game, takes over.

In this day and age, players' attitudes are governed by many factors and one of them being their relationship with their agent. If an agent is trying to attract the attention of other clubs to his client, from which he will make money, the last thing he will want is for his client to be ruled out through injury. Not good for business.

Nowadays, players like managers are often sought out to fill a gap first and foremost. United are at the forefront of that thinking.
    I seriously doubt their agents would want them looking like they are putting no effort in and not giving a **** either.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not comfortable with local consortium rumours and hoping Ogren stays atleast as majority owner, appointing a new less divisive SD, the further away from being locally or fan owned we are the better
    For real?

I can't wait to see the back of Ogren. Clearly not got a clue about running a football club and has wasted good money left, right and centre.

Give me fan ownership any day of the week. The club should never be a vehicle ran for the financial benefit of one or more individuals.

If the club can somehow turn a profit, then that profit should go straight back into the club to improve it.

The success of fan ownership must depend on who the fans are.
    But those running the Foundation just now I would trust to run the whole kit & kaboodle.

If they wanted to become absolutely hated in the fan base they should take over the club. 😂

I think guys are being really unfair on Ogren personally. He has done everything he said he would do in term of financial input and putting aside the current nonsense, the Club is in a completely different place from Nov 2018 when he took over. He has put a lot of money in and it is there for all to see on and off the park. What he IS guilty of is naivety in down playing the impact of relegation not just financially but psychologically and additionally trusting Tony Asghar and Revolution Sports to manage his money and run the whole kit and kaboodle. I do wonder if MO actually realises half of what’s been going on in his absence……………..

If MO is not a 'consultant', then I suspect he will have little idea what's gone on until someone outwith Revolution Sports has a wee look at the accounts on his behalf. Scottish football can't be run like an American sports franchise with head of this and head of that. It's costing him a fortune to the detriment of a decent product on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I think guys are being really unfair on Ogren personally. He has done everything he said he would do in term of financial input and putting aside the current nonsense, the Club is in a completely different place from Nov 2018 when he took over. He has put a lot of money in and it is there for all to see on and off the park. What he IS guilty of is naivety in down playing the impact of relegation not just financially but psychologically and additionally trusting Tony Asghar and Revolution Sports to manage his money and run the whole kit and kaboodle. I do wonder if MO actually realises half of what’s been going on in his absence……………..
    Can't disagree with any of that.

I also think he knew next to nothing about running a Scottish football team and trusted Asghar and his cronies too much so hopefully it's lessons learned now and he go's about his business with less trust in incompetent others and makes more decisions on his own or at least being more scrupulous in decisions being made by others.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    not sure he gets it about relegation. its not as simple as coming straight back up. Totally agree he has been extremely trusting in TA. Big mistake which has probably cost him any possibility of coming out anywhere near well financially in his ownership of the club. I reckon TA probaly did no bad though. His 5 year plan worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Ok , having though about this and got over the shock…

From memory he did well at St Mirren and after the s.hitshow at sheeps.hagging bstrd FC he will be determined to get this right. Plus it has to be an improvement on the scenarios under Fox. So I’ll be there supporting my team on Saturday.

Good luck Jim.
    Sheep Shaggin Bstrd? How old are you? ... FFS ... heard o' political correctness yet? ... C'mon ... only Daily Mail zombies think it's a bad thing. Get with it Pikey .. 'Dolly Debasers' is the term you will be advised to use should you wish to offend those fans/players formerly known as sheep shaggers ... and not land yourself with a legal challenge and subsequent civil court citation screwin up yer holiday trip tae Anstruther.

Come on Ewe Fleece Fornicators, Ewe Shaun Shunters, Ewe Sheep Dippers, Ewe Welly Wearin' Wool Wallopers, Ewe Mutton Molesters, Ewe Larry Lusters, Ewe Scrapie Scroters, Ewe Ruminant Ravishers, Ewe Cattle Cassanovas, Ewe Merino Marauders .... Wool v Joot? ... nae contest

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)