+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Would not be my choice but so what.

12 matches now and I hope Jim Goodwin can lead us to 10th or above

He’s not stupid and he can deliver the kick up the backside that is needed

Let’s start with a result on Saturday.

COME ON UNITED !!!

Is this appointment official of just the word on the pavey?

So the team of players who have chucked it for the managers, now have a manager from a team who's player chucked it for their manager!

Any other team out there had 4 managers in a year?

Possibly not many managers out there that would take a 3 month contract! We have no manager...so somebody needs to do it! Hopefully this is just a sticking plaster until we can get new owners in and a new direction for the club.

I know one thing for sure, Goodwin will be desperate for a win on Saturday its the bloody players that have looked as if they don't care, cmon Jim get them motivated.

If craig levein had been appointed I think most of the support would have rallied round & even if we went down would have felt in safer hands for next season. With goodwin there will be none of that. Splintered support when we all should be together & very little leeway will be given to him. The biggest nightmare is hes going to be having to try & do something with the players who are not good enough & have shown nothing all season to suggest that they can summon up whats needed. Its like a constant downer being a united supporter nowadays. Totally disillusioned again

I get the support being United together under Levein but there was never - ever - any success guaranteed with his arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Possibly not many managers out there that would take a 3 month contract! We have no manager...so somebody needs to do it! Hopefully this is just a sticking plaster until we can get new owners in and a new direction for the club.
    Is your source for the Official Welcome thread the BBC article?

I'm pretty sure it is Scott Burns saying it is until the end of the season, who knows what is in the contract though!

****ing gutted. Hate Goodwin and this appointment will be the icing on the cake for this absolute f*ck fest of a season. When we lose under this **** on Saturday the support will be toxic from the start. F*ck off whoever made this decision!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    ****ing gutted. Hate Goodwin and this appointment will be the icing on the cake for this absolute f*ck fest of a season. When we lose under this **** on Saturday the support will be toxic from the start. F*ck off whoever made this decision!!
    Who would you prefer?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)