+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Good ane, all this stuff keeps demand for software developers high. 😂
    Whitfield is right. Basic tried and tested processes are still valid if SUPPLEMENTED by technology.

Our recruitment has been rotten for a very long time. It's been based on VANITY (international caps) AGENT FEES, and laziness without any regard for how the players will FIT into a team.

When St Johnstone had a cup winning side it wasn't built with the type of players we've been signing it was built with good solid British pros that Davidson moulded into a really good team.

Laziness - just one example, Middleton when we could have been tracking Danny Armstrong. Or others....

Agent fees/Vanity - Carlsson, Birighitti, Niskanen, Mulgrew, Fletcher, Watt

What I have been saying for some time now is that the recruitment process and the people doing it for us needs a complete review and possibly/probably a clear out.

In Goodwin it's possible we have stumbled onto a coach who could mould a team, but if so we need to be identifying players that will function well as a good cohesive unit.

The point in making is you don't know we don't do that. It may 'seem' like that and, who knows, you may be right.
    Do you think we scouted Carlsson Birighitti and Niskanen? No chance.
    Niskanen actually gets a bad press because in a decent team he would have something to add off the bench.
    I won't muddy the water by mentioning Djoum, ah just did it

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Whitfield is right. Basic tried and tested processes are still valid if SUPPLEMENTED by technology.

Our recruitment has been rotten for a very long time. It's been based on VANITY (international caps) AGENT FEES, and laziness without any regard for how the players will FIT into a team.

When St Johnstone had a cup winning side it wasn't built with the type of players we've been signing it was built with good solid British pros that Davidson moulded into a really good team.

Laziness - just one example, Middleton when we could have been tracking Danny Armstrong. Or others....

What I have been saying for some time now is that the recruitment process and the people doing it for us needs a complete review and possibly/probably a clear out.

In Goodwin it's possible we have stumbled onto a coach who could mould a team, but if so we need to be identifying players that will function well as a good cohesive unit.
    Actually if you look at the Killie forums, they are scathing of Danny Armstrong and his 'work rate', particularly with tracking back and especially off last week away to ICT. So it's not just us........

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Actually if you look at the Killie forums, they are scathing of Danny Armstrong and his 'work rate', particularly with tracking back and especially off last week away to ICT. So it's not just us........
    Yeah, not saying we should have signed him becauseI haven't watched him consistently, just saying he's an example of a player snapped up from the Championship. Sure destroyed us down there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    This stuff honestly bores me to death. Heat maps🙄😂.....Charlie Miller imo was one of our best midfielders to wear tangerine but his heat map would just be a red dot in the middle of the centre circle.....analyse that🥺

I honestly think all this technology pish is making the modern day player more robotic and less off the cuff and in turn is killing the entertainment on view. I'm bored watching football nowadays to the point where I'd rather watch a film than 90 minutes of soulless guff on tv.
    What I find laughable are these booklet things with a map of the pitch, that are used when a subbie coming on. Some person, never the manager, always has one so if a winger coming on can point to where the wing is on the pitch. 🙂.

Do you think we scouted Carlsson Birighitti and Niskanen? No chance.
    Niskanen actually gets a bad press because in a decent team he would have something to add off the bench.
    I won't muddy the water by mentioning Djoum, ah just did it
    Niskanen's training stats must be ****e if he never gets a game. 🤪

Niskanen's training stats must be ****e if he never gets a game. 🤪
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I refuse to buy into the Mark Ogren naivety theory. The man made his millions somehow and it can't just be luck. He chose to trust TA and that was utter stupidity on his part. That stupidity has now got our club in deep $hit. MO is as culpable for the state our club is in and I choose not to feel any sympathy for the man. Here's hoping we do find a buyer who understands football and all that goes with it. Ogren should have stuck to "soccer ball" in the states.
    I always loved this explanation (from when USA got the World Cup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ82aMQONvc

Had huge concerns about our direction with recruitment when Peter Houston left the building, and while some fantastic players played under Sackie, some right dross dropped us into the Chumpionship, and it appears the same mistake has been made again.

One thing that may see us right is JG is in as Manager which i believe seen him right at St Mirren by getting his targets, and not head coach which i believe failed him at Aberdeen with the DoF signings.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    I always loved this explanation (from when USA got the World Cup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ82aMQONvc
    Haven't seen this clip for years - funny as phuck.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)