+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📺Reedtz Bros. Interviews

📺Reedtz Bros. Interviews

Thought these deserved their own thread...

On Notts County Talk...

Last edited by SwalePie; 01-03-2023 at 10:12 PM.

...and on Magpie Circle...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    ...and on Magpie Circle...

I watched this one and was particularly impressed by Chris (poor Alex looks like he's in a hostage video - I kept on expecting him to hold up the front page of yesterday's Evening Standard).

Always good to hear - no matter how many times it's stated - that they're in it for the long haul. Some very questions from Paul Mace, who recognised that people wanted to listen to the brothers and not him.

There was also a very positive story on Notts by Mirror writer Neil Moxley at the weekend. I found it via photographer Dan's tweet:

https://twitter.com/DanWestwell/stat...69296182472705

For all the flack Paul Mace gets on here, his Magpie Circle podcasts with Stall are always a great watch and I thought last nights interview with the Chris and Alex was very interesting and finally put to bed the whole 'moneyball' thing. The main aim is to get promotion and if we can make money from some of the recruitments then all well and good.
    I also watched the Notts County Talk interview that Tom and George did with the brothers, which was well done, with the quiz posing some good questions, which brought out the competitive nature of the bros along with showing a sense of humour too. It was also good to see one of the fans ask them if they know how much the are appreciated, which is something they might not have been aware of.

Yes, two great interviews, both different in their own way. Well done to all concerned.

Key point made by Chris around 20 minutes into the Magpie Circle interview. The club can only be self sustainable at a higher level - he doesn't specify which level, presumably L1 and this will be on a sliding scale, but he does say it's not self sustainable in the NL.... which I see as good and bad news. Good news in the sense this means there's no danger of them simply being comfortable with Notts ticking along at this level indefinitely, they have to be ambitious (which we've seemingly seen evidence of with us hanging on to the top players until the end of this season), but it's obviously bad news if we keep banging our heads on the ceiling.

Also claimed they were never interested in Wrexham and that the company name they had set up under Wrexham's name was a wild coincidence. Mace does say Wrexham's owners were looking at Notts however.

Thank god Wrexham's owners did not choose us, Hollywood and Meadow Lane no ta.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thought these deserved their own thread...

On Notts County Talk...

Watched this one, thought the lads did well and Tom is really coming on. Quiz made for an entertaining watch and they had a good selection of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Key point made by Chris around 20 minutes into the Magpie Circle interview. The club can only be self sustainable at a higher level - he doesn't specify which level, presumably L1 and this will be on a sliding scale, but he does say it's not self sustainable in the NL.... which I see as good and bad news. Good news in the sense this means there's no danger of them simply being comfortable with Notts ticking along at this level indefinitely, they have to be ambitious (which we've seemingly seen evidence of with us hanging on to the top players until the end of this season), but it's obviously bad news if we keep banging our heads on the ceiling.

Also claimed they were never interested in Wrexham and that the company name they had set up under Wrexham's name was a wild coincidence. Mace does say Wrexham's owners were looking at Notts however.
    I'm not entirely sure where Mace got the information on the last point. According to the documentary the first and biggest influence on McEleny buying Wrexham was someone who worked with him on IASIP who was an avid Wrexham fan and the idea of promotion/relegation which they don't have in America intrigued him. Think Reynolds initially just got bought along for the ride because of his wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Also not equal share holders

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast