+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clarets Mad - Clarets v Seasiders Match Preview.

Clarets Mad - Clarets v Seasiders Match Preview.

Clarets Mad - Clarets v Seasiders Match Preview.

Venue: Bloomfield Road, Seasiders Way, Blackpool FY1 6JJ.

Kick-off – 15.00 – Saturday 4th March 2023.

Burnley have just despatched one west coast seaside team from the FA Cup only to find another one lying in wait at the end of the M55 for Saturday’s Championship fixture at Bloomfield Road. The Clarets may well be favourites to continue their winning ways but regardless of Blackpool’s recent overall struggles, with just one win in 17 league games, the Seasiders have performed better at Bloomfield Road in recent matches.

Mick McCarthy’s relegation threatened team head into Saturday’s Lancashire derby against Vincent Kompany’s league leaders Burnley but are unbeaten in their last five home games at Bloomfield Road.

The reverse fixture at Turf Moor saw Blackpool overcome a 3-1 deficit to snatch a 3-3 draw at Turf Moor back in August 2022. It was the game in which Aro Muric in the Burnley goal gave Clarets fans their first dose of nervous jitters, in fairness to the likable Kosovan he has settled in to become a ***** cog in Vincent Kompany’s possession-based team.

It’s fair to say the historical Lancashire rivals both need three points for different reasons, Burnley to maintain their incessant push back to the EPL and Blackpool require them to help stay in the Championship.

One’s to watch: The hard running and aggressive Jerry Yates is this season’s Seasiders leading scorer, and he is backed up by former Bolton hitman Gary Madine.

Ashley Barnes’ will almost certainly lead the Clarets attack after having a rest against Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup, Nathan Tella and Darko Churlinov are likely to make-up the Burnley front three. Annas Zaroury took a knock following a hefty challenge on Wednesday night and he will most likely sit this game out.

Scott Twine, Lyle Foster and Michael Obafemi will all come into contention, but I reckon Burnley will line-up like this; Muric, Roberts, Beyer, Ekdal, Taylor, Cork, Cullen Brownhill, Tella, Barnes and Churlinov. Ian Maatsen is out injured with a shoulder problem following last week’s encounter with Huddersfield Town.

Verdict: Another Red Rose derby, a large vocal derby crowd, two teams needing to win for totally contrasting reasons, but I think Burnley’s superior squad strength will prove to be too much for the Seasiders, and I predict a comfortable 3-1 away for Vincent Kompany’s Clarets.

Footnote: Last week saw Vincent Kompany engage in a Championship encounter with a wily old war horse in Neil Warnock, this week it's now his turn to take on another veteran manager in ex-Republic of Ireland boss Mick McCarthy who has been retained by Blackpool as their new head coach until the end of the season.

Can Kompany come out on top again? The evidence suggests that he will, Burnley sit on top of the Championship with 76 points and a goal difference of 40, Blackpool are 23rd with 31 points and an inferior goal difference of minus 18. If only football matches were played on paper, Burnley would win this one at a canter.

An opinion and post from The Editor’s Chair – Clarets Mad.

Attachment 23652

Another excellent preview BT. I have had many a happy trip to Bloomfield Road in years gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Another excellent preview BT. I have had many a happy trip to Bloomfield Road in years gone by.
    Thank you Sir Outwood, I have tried to get tickets but they really are like Rocking Horse Teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My first trip to see us play at Blackpool must have been around 1960, I know this because the Shadows Apache seemed to be playing on every pub and Pleasure Beach jukebox you went near.

Blackpool FH.

one goal gets the bus moving.

Firing blanks at the moment, like Fleetwood all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Firing blanks at the moment, like Fleetwood all over again.
    can't be that inept.....unless it's more about a years supply of free fish 'n' chips.

The lack of firepower is f*cking killing us FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The lack of firepower is f*cking killing us FFS!

Blackpool defended like the Spartans at Thermopylae....even the blistering Burnley arrows that passed between their shields were......Sorry BT, I can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Blackpool defended like the Spartans at Thermopylae....even the blistering Burnley arrows that passed between their shields were......Sorry BT, I can't be bothered.

I can't really blame you Norder, it was sinkov I was angling for.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)