+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive overhaul in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Regards players leaving.

I don't think we'll see Karius leave. I don't think we'll see any of your "high chance of leaving" go. It also wouldn't surprise me if DUmmett got a 1 year extension. . . Howe clearly values have locals in the squad and he clearly values Dummetts character.

Other than that, totally agree on those going and it is mad on the numbers.

On losses - I reckon we'll see some step ups like Kuol etc.

Let's hope that we can shift a lot of those out and we can get in a group of lads who are up to the fight of turning us from upstarts to genuinely terrifying for the frauds.

Of the players in TANYA'S list, I would like to retain:

Jamaal Lascelles - Is a good leader, and has had a good attitude since losing the captaincy and being dropped to the bench.
    Allan Saint-Maximin - He is the "X" Factor for me, can do nothing for weeks, then suddenly create wizardry that wins us games!
    Jamal Lewis - Needs more time here.
    Martin Dubravka - should stay as our number two

The following can definitely fu(k off from here:

Matt Ritchie
    Mark Gillespie
    Loris Karius
    Ciaran Clark
    Matty Longstaf
    Javier Manquillo

And these players can be sold on a permanent deal:
    Jeff Hendrick
    Isaac Hayden
    Karl Darlow
    Ryan Fraser

Based on all of this, as I mentioned in another thread, Amanda and her husband need to get at least 300 million ready for the summer:
    TWO PLAYERS in the 75 to 100 million range - one of these should be JAMES MADDISON

And another FOUR QUALITY PLAYERS in the 50 million range. If three of the six signings succeed, we will be on our way upwards !!!!

Biggest battle this season has to be off the pitch and being fought getting new commercial deals.

Talk about 12-16 players leaving and spending 300M quid… if we haven’t got the revenue streams we will not be offloading players that could sit there are squad players, and we won’t spend anywhere near 300M.

We’ll be lucky to spend more than 100-150M in the summer unless the club get their revenue boosted significantly.

Aye, good points, Ian.

Catching up 14 years of neglect-wilful neglect, at that-will take time and the FFP rules seem to be designed to put a glass ceiling between the traditional 'big' clubs and the ones below them meaning that, whilst Chelsea can spend almost £600 million in the space of 6 months, we'll have to spend very crefully.

And by that, i don't mean 'frugally' becasue i reckon we'll spend north of £100 million* but we can't afford any mis-hits. Every purchase has to be spot on for what we need.

*imagine typing that 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    Of the players in TANYA'S list, I would like to retain:

Jamaal Lascelles - Is a good leader, and has had a good attitude since losing the captaincy and being dropped to the bench.
    Allan Saint-Maximin - He is the "X" Factor for me, can do nothing for weeks, then suddenly create wizardry that wins us games!
    Jamal Lewis - Needs more time here.
    Martin Dubravka - should stay as our number two

The following can definitely fu(k off from here:

Matt Ritchie
    Mark Gillespie
    Loris Karius
    Ciaran Clark
    Matty Longstaf
    Javier Manquillo

And these players can be sold on a permanent deal:
    Jeff Hendrick
    Isaac Hayden
    Karl Darlow
    Ryan Fraser

Based on all of this, as I mentioned in another thread, Amanda and her husband need to get at least 300 million ready for the summer:
    TWO PLAYERS in the 75 to 100 million range - one of these should be JAMES MADDISON

And another FOUR QUALITY PLAYERS in the 50 million range. If three of the six signings succeed, we will be on our way upwards !!!!

with 1 year left on his contract no way is maddison gonna cost £75million. If that's his price then we should look else where as there are equally good options for better prices.

Isak was an over spend but hes 23 Maddison is 27 next year. Sure we'll get 5 good seasons out of Maddison sp long as he deosn't get injured but the transfer philosphy doesn't seem to included players over 25.

I could be wrong we're looking heavily at Milenkovic Savic who is also 27 in Jan but once again the deal was gonna be way too much money.

We'll have to trust the process.

Brighton are still finding good players with that Mitoma and Pervis lad. Then theres Macallister. Thats some good recruiting right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    they should have mutually cancelled his contract. The muppet came for free so he can leave for free n all.
    Nobody knows what’s gone on, but it might have something to do with him never playing,not even as a sub. Everybody else in the squad has had a chance ,even if it’s just small time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Brighton are still finding good players with that Mitoma and Pervis lad. Then theres Macallister. Thats some good recruiting right there.
    And we've hired their Football Director so I'm certain we will be doing some good deals.

I don't think the overall will actually be as massive as the the OP suggests, though I wouldn't mind. I don't think Eddie will want a massive overhaul as opposed to "simply" adding quality to the squad and get rid of the players that aren't getting a look in at all.

I would wager that this coming window will see the biggest changes and shake up since E.H. arrived.

He has jogged along making very steady improvements up to now and no mistakes, and Wood wasn't a mistake at the time as we achieved what was necessary while he was here and did a good deal on his departure.

Eddie and all those involved with purchases will have their lists ready and it wouldn't surprise me if deals weren't already done just to be confirmed once the window is open.

Believe it, exciting summer to come no matter where we finish up in the league. Obviously the higher the better.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And we've hired their Football Director so I'm certain we will be doing some good deals.

I don't think the overall will actually be as massive as the the OP suggests, though I wouldn't mind. I don't think Eddie will want a massive overhaul as opposed to "simply" adding quality to the squad and get rid of the players that aren't getting a look in at all.
    leaving the club/Contract ending:- These lot are out of contract or in the case of Wood & Shelvey have got obligation to buy in their loans.

Matt Longstaff - £7,500
    Ciaren Clark - £35,000
    Paul Dummet - £35,000
    Matt Ritchie - £45,000
    Mark Gillespie - £11,538
    Chris Wood - £80,000
    JonJo Shelvey - £70,000
    Loris Karius - £30,000

Total - £314,038/week off the wage bill.

Norwich are still in the hunt for promotion however as Isaac Hayden wage is £22,000 he will be sold. I expect Norwich to make the loan permanent.

Of the active squad players:
    Jamal Lewis & Maquillo have to be replaced - just not gonna cutting it
    Elliot Anderson will need to go out on loan next season to ensure his development progresses
    Kraft - Will be fully rehab'd and should be back in contention if he's part of Howe's plans, if he's a goner / need replacement
    Fraser - Gone 100%

Including Krafth next season we will have 19 senior players on the books. In brackets (number of players we need to bring in over the summer to have a balanced squad for next season)

2 GKs - (1)
    Martin Dubravka
    Nick Pope

We need 1 quality young of Dubz stays as 2nd choice

4 CBs - (1)
    Dan Burn
    Jamaal Lascelles
    Sven Botman
    Fabian Schär

We keep all 4 but need to add 1 more quality right footer

3 FBs - (2)
    Kieran Trippier
    Matt Targett
    Emil Krafth

Clearly we need to bring in a quality player in each of the two positions, one LB & RB.

4 CMFs - (3)
    Sean Longstaff
    Joelinton
    Bruno Guimaraes
    Joe Willock

We play 3 in the midfield so we need 6 players minimum, which means we are two light before we start. We also need an additional player so total 3

4 Wingers - (2)
    Allan Saint-Maximin
    Jacob Murphy
    Miguel Almiron
    Anthony Gordon

Murphy needs to produce something in the remaining games to deserve his place in the squad. Good attitude or not we need players who deliver results assists and goals are what he's paid for, without them he's gotta go.
    Likewise for Miggy.
    We need 2 winger however of higher quality, Diaby + 1 however we'll see if we can get those deals done! Good chance we'll be going into next season with these 4 players intact. Hope not but most likely.

2 CF - (1)
    Callum Wilson
    Alexander Isak

Definitely need a 3rd.
    Osihmen would be a dream come true!
    I'd also be delighted with Benjamin Šeško

Total required as a bare minimum: 8 players, not including new wingers. 10 with 2 new wingers.

Whilst it's a tall order we've all seen Notts Forest bring in 20+ players & Chelsea brought in 8 top quality players.

We have Dan Ashworth & Darren Eales in position, a board of directors who have said all the right things owners with the resources and the ambition to execute the required deals this summer.

It needs to be done. Or we're gonna have another wondering season, uncertain of whether we're gonna be a true contender or just another also ran for yet another season.

Let's hope the board put their money where their mouth is!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)