A thread to post up your musical buys and info on gigs you've been to. You never know, you might encourage someone else to visit a gig or listen to a band they don't know.

My 2 most recent buys.

Garnet Mimms - Looking for you in VG condition vinyl (although the labels have been cannibalised). Without the cannibalisation of the label probably worth £200 and I could possibly get between 80 and 100 for it. Long time want and it plays excellently. Couple of crackles in the 1st 2 rotations and then just about perfect. Youtube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX1lYmU4dFo

Boddie box set. The long defunct USA Boddie label. The current owner of the back catalogue went through the old tapes and acetates and came up with 6 never released songs. To me 5 good ones and one less so. Released in a 3 x 45rpm box set. Interestingly, they are unaware of the artists. Hence each song being by "Unknown Artist". Limited edition of 1000 sets. Digital versions available to listen at https://boddierecordingcompany.bandc...ie-acetate-box

2 good deals IMO. My current singles collection has cost me about 8 grand to put together over the past 8 years. Probably worth around 20 grand. Not yet paid 3 figures for a single and most of the ones I still really, really want are all well into 3 figures. They will, very likely remain on the wants list.

Different genre. I went to see 2 local bands in Amstelveen last night. Both playing "melodious" but hard music. I enjoyed both sets. Look them up on the usual outlets if interested. Floodlines (Google Floodlines band - There's also a Dutch podcast of the the same name), we know the guitarist (left in the left hand picture), good friend of my son and he occasionally crashes in our spare room. Floodlines play their own material. Outlaw Queen (Google Outlaw Queen band) have a female singer who attends the Rock Academy and the girl can sing, do 50/50 their own work and covers. IMO both are well worth a listen.

Name:  Floodlines.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  16.1 KB