+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

PY II in Haarlem. Apparently the 1st half of the concert was flat and iffy and then he moved on to "party time", upping the tempo... according to our friend it almost made up for the first half...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    PY II in Haarlem. Apparently the 1st half of the concert was flat and iffy and then he moved on to "party time", upping the tempo... according to our friend it almost made up for the first half...
    Meanwhile my threesome this week results in a victory for …The Small Fakers, an excellent tribute band in a packed and sweaty Flowerpot. Special kudos to the lead singer who not only looked just a bit like Steve Marriott from a distance but also managed to avoid sounding like Norman Wisdom when attempting Steve’s voice

One of the benefits of TTR’s constant YouTube spamming is that from time gems like this come up on my feed. Pure joy as far as I’m concerned, Toby’s 19 now and I think on tour, we’ll worth checking out and you can be sure he’s got even better. No it’s not a sneaky link to GB News

https://youtu.be/VwiBKzSeaOo?si=IlN5uSZiglPNOCsI

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    One of the benefits of TTR’s constant YouTube spamming is that from time gems like this come up on my feed. Pure joy as far as I’m concerned, Toby’s 19 now and I think on tour, we’ll worth checking out and you can be sure he’s got even better. No it’s not a sneaky link to GB News

Class is class. Toby is just that.

Superb, brilliant stuff. ‘Pure joy’ indeed…and the best use of YouTube for a long time.

My lad is the sound guy a couple of times a week in the Waterhole on Leidseplein. Live music 7 nights a week. A few weeks back, a cover band called Waste turned up just having got a message from their bass player that he was stuck in a traffic jam and would be late. The band asked my lad if he knew of a bass player... he plays guitar AND bass. Had a look at the set list, said I can play that, that, that etc so they changed the setlist (they were doing 4 45 minute sets) and used only songs he knew in the 1st set. They were mightily impressed by him. Last week he got a phone call, the bass player knew beforehand that he's miss the opening set... would he fill in again. Got the set list, knew all but 2 and learned those in the couple of days leading up to the gig. We attended and very good they were. Packed crowd loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    My lad is the sound guy a couple of times a week in the Waterhole on Leidseplein. Live music 7 nights a week. A few weeks back, a cover band called Waste turned up just having got a message from their bass player that he was stuck in a traffic jam and would be late. The band asked my lad if he knew of a bass player... he plays guitar AND bass. Had a look at the set list, said I can play that, that, that etc so they changed the setlist (they were doing 4 45 minute sets) and used only songs he knew in the 1st set. They were mightily impressed by him. Last week he got a phone call, the bass player knew beforehand that he's miss the opening set... would he fill in again. Got the set list, knew all but 2 and learned those in the couple of days leading up to the gig. We attended and very good they were. Packed crowd loved it.
    Good effort by your lad, a deserved return for the effort he’s no doubt put in. I know and I guess you do too that there can be a real buzz about stepping in to help the cause

Good effort by your lad, a deserved return for the effort he’s no doubt put in. I know and I guess you do too that there can be a real buzz about stepping in to help the cause
    Indeed. The 2 bands he was in both folded a few months ago (Take No Prisoners and Charger, played bass in both). Last weekend the first practice session with a new band he's forming. Him on lead, the guitarist from Charger on bass/vocals, the drummer from Charger, rhythm guitarist from another band and a female lead vocal who I've seen performing in other bands and she's good. Starting with covers and also writing new stuff themselves. He's not yet told me what genre they'll be playing but I expect it to be hard/heavy rock/metal. I shall of course attend their gigs... unless it clashes with a trip to Pride Park. Once there's video on the Tube, I'll let you know.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)