+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harding and Ogbene won’t be here next season

Harding and Ogbene won’t be here next season

End of the contract talks by sounds so if they’re professionals who take their jobs seriously then this is the time to put yourselves in shop window isn’t it?

Cheo I can understand, he's going to go to another championship club on sit on the bench until he gets a chance.

Harding, whilst he has been ever present and reasonably reliable I wouldn't say he is someone with a clear ability to play higher up the leagues. He was with the Blues who still aren't thay much better than us, came to us and proved he was very capable OK league one and could do the job well enough to be a bottom 6/8 championship player. Does he think he's better than that? Can't say I've seen that he is.

Cheo will no doubt end up at a "bigger" club than us,good luck to him, Wes could maybe get another championship club,but probably another struggling one, but probably on more money.
    More likely is he will do a " Smith",drop a league for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Cheo will no doubt end up at a "bigger" club than us,good luck to him, Wes could maybe get another championship club,but probably another struggling one, but probably on more money.
    More likely is he will do a " Smith",drop a league for more money.
    TLC, funny you should post that as I was thinking on the same lines. The pigs will pay more than us because they are MASSIVE or, IF Warney keeps his job at Derby if he fails to take them up then, slam a fiver on Harding going there. He was tapped up months ago.

I'd go as far to say that with their new ownership, Derby will be bale to pay more than the Pigs plus, Warney knows Harding so it's a no brainer. He knows he'll have a player who won't rock the boat.

Harding was one of the higher paid players last time we got relegated from the championship so maybe the new contract doesn't suit him. Is it lower than the original. Is it not in line with the other players,. Does he want to move. Has his ear been twisted to go elsewhere Plenty of reasons. We move on

Chio has been 2/10 some weeks and 8/10 others. Would have liked him to stay but like other players. We trust MT to replace him and as cuffy and fosu have shown there are options available.

Wes is who he is, as others have said, top league 1 or bottom end Champ player. If he thinks grass is greener then good luck to him. Not going to hold it against him but no way would I break the bank to keep him either. Much of a muchness.

Chieo different story.

Not bothered about Harding to be honest another rash dive in to conceded a Penalty today and plenty of other mistakes costing us goals in lg 1 and the Champ. Ogbene will more than likely end up at Swansea .We need to nail down Rathbone and Wiles also try to get to get some of loans perm all are worth a contract Baily wright today was Solid at the back and Fossu is better at his current position than out wide .But lets get the job done first 10 more points Brum,Preston,Cardiff and Hull all winnable games

Both on show today but Harding let himself down again

Both can go then. MT will replace them in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Both can go then. MT will replace them in a heartbeat.
    Indeed pal 👍