+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livpool v Scum

Livpool v Scum

Marc’s getting battered 4-0 bad news for us, between us and Spurs I reckon for top spot. Luke Shaw just kneed Nunez in the back when he was down, nothing done, not even a booking man, one rule……….mind that Anthony is an ugly little ****, 5_0 now, why couldn’t we have done that, simple,they have forwards who can hit the argent.

7-0 still playing, funny old game

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Marc’s getting battered 4-0 bad news for us, between us and Spurs I reckon for top spot. Luke Shaw just kneed Nunez in the back when he was down, nothing done, not even a booking man, one rule……….mind that Anthony is an ugly little ****, 5_0 now, why couldn’t we have done that, simple,they have forwards who can hit the argent.
    I wouldn’t be that surprised if Wilson is moved on in the summer. According to NUFC.com, who are generally reliable for this sort of thing, his contract is up in June 2024 and he was 31 last week. So, at 32 and a half when the contract is due for renewal, would it realistically be renewed? Unless he hits some serious form for the last 14 games, there’s definitely a decision to be made, as I doubt they would let the contract run down and go for a free, so it would maybe be a years extension. Mindful of the fees we apparently got for Shelvey & Wood, he would still command a decent fee in the summer. Those discussions will definitively be happening in the background I reckon.
    Last edited by bix01; 05-03-2023 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Missed word

Maybe they have already started and that is why his form has collapsed post World Cup.

Shows how poor we are at putting the ball in the net. Don't particularly like Liverpool, but i detest the Plastic Mancs. Nice!

I decided early on in this one that i wanted Liverpool to hammer them.

In terms of our relative league positions, while both were fully merited at the time, they were both misleading. Look at our respective squads-and the experience as well as the talent-and it was only a matter of time before both our league positions more accurately reflected the quality of those squads.

And I'm ok with that. Our progress has been faantastic so far and, whilst we've hit the buffers, we all know the reasons for that but we also know that our trajectory is, in the great cheme of things, undeniably upwards.

We've waited long enough for this so we can wait a wee bit longer. Our time will come/

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I wouldn’t be that surprised if Wilson is moved on in the summer. According to NUFC.com, who are generally reliable for this sort of thing, his contract is up in June 2024 and he was 31 last week. So, at 32 and a half when the contract is due for renewal, would it realistically be renewed? Unless he hits some serious form for the last 14 games, there’s definitely a decision to be made, as I doubt they would let the contract run down and go for a free, so it would maybe be a years extension. Mindful of the fees we apparently got for Shelvey & Wood, he would still command a decent fee in the summer. Those discussions will definitively be happening in the background I reckon.
    I think WILSON has been extremely disappointing this season, and has a history of getting crocked regularly, so I am 100% in favour of moving him on, and Longstaff can join him as well. Players like these will never elevate us to the next level, so they can FU(K OFF

I think the problem is that we won't move on players such as Longstaff and Wilson becasue they are first team players. I agree that they won't move us fprward but I think Howe will look at them as an important part of the team who got us out of relegation trouble and who did so well for us in the first half of the season. I think he's a manager who is loyal to players and he won't want to disrupt the group by getting shot of players who have done so much for him (and in some respects, that's fair enough).

I would imagine our plan is to buy players for the first team meaning that the players who have played in those positions this season shift down to the bench and the players on the bench slip down into just being squad players or are shipped out thereby strengthening the first team and the sub options.

Realistically, I think we might make 2 big purchases and 3 medium ones plus a development player or two. Howe clearly loves Longstaff and Wilson but, every time they get the ball recently and do very little with it, I'm left thinking 'if only we had a Bruno- calibre' player who had the ball in those positions'. )i'm a Longstaff fan, as you know, but I do accept that, if we want to move forward, we need someone, well...better. However, I wouldn't want us to sell him-I think he'd be a very good squad player for where we are currently).

I agree. It takes time to transform a squad even without FFP rules. At this level, it’s rare for a player to arrive and go straight into the first team. Gordon is an example and others will take longer than him. That means that any starting players we have now will not leave unless they want to.
    Money is no object for NUFC these days but FFP, squad harmony and the time needed for new players to settle in means that there is no quick fix. As stated above we just have to hope we don’t sign any duds as that could slow down progress even more due to FFP. (I think we have the people in place at the club to make this unlikely, however).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I decided early on in this one that i wanted Liverpool to hammer them.

In terms of our relative league positions, while both were fully merited at the time, they were both misleading. Look at our respective squads-and the experience as well as the talent-and it was only a matter of time before both our league positions more accurately reflected the quality of those squads.

And I'm ok with that. Our progress has been faantastic so far and, whilst we've hit the buffers, we all know the reasons for that but we also know that our trajectory is, in the great cheme of things, undeniably upwards.

We've waited long enough for this so we can wait a wee bit longer. Our time will come/
    Agreed, but will the likes of Bruno, Botman,Pope, Joelinton, Maxi, hang around long enough, while we strengthen the team and are competing at the top end regularity,and qualifying for Europe. It’s a short career and they are here to win trophies, a pity we couldn’t have won the Carabo, that would have shown intent. I think we need to DO something next season,either a trophy,or qualify for Europe, it’s a must I’m afraid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)