+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we hold on to 6th?

Can we hold on to 6th?

I never thought we were going to finish 4th, we had a good start, considering the World Cup it was a false position. We are in 6th now with current form and Chelsea likely to put a run together can we hang on to 6th?

Does six place get you into the Europa league?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I never thought we were going to finish 4th, we had a good start, considering the World Cup it was a false position. We are in 6th now with current form and Chelsea likely to put a run together can we hang on to 6th?

i think 6th has to be the target, it qualifies us for the conference league, once upon a time, if Man Utd finished in the CL places, we would get their place in the europa league taking their Carabao cup winners place. I dont think this applies anymore though.

We have played all the big boys away, the next 2 games are ***** for us to make changes and turn the corner and get back on track.

Targett, Gordon and Isak need to be starting

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

I doubt we can hold on, and yes I think 6 th gets you into the Europa. We need to show Hugh improvement in front of goal to stay where we are.

I think, at the moment, 6th would be a Europa Conference spot. But, if the FA Cup is won by a team in the top 6, then 6th would get the Europa League place...I think.

I expect us to get out of this rut now and finish 5th behind Ars*nal, Liverpool and the 2 Mancs.

With our games in hand 6th is certainly in our own hands we just need Eddie Howe to swallow his pride and drop non performers like Wilson Longstaff Almiron and Burn and bring in genuine quality like Isak Targett Gordon and the Saint.

Could be down to 7th tonight if Fulham win. Need a draw or Brentford win.

I'd like CL or no Europa at all. We would really struggle unless we can add some more players.

If we can start to get goals again CL is still on, a couple of wins and the tails will be back up.

I think we can hold 6th yes but we need to click again and find our form.

I just hope it will be Europa League and not Conference League next season. I honestly never thought we would make it to Champions League this year, but it's been a fun ride!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)