+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (38)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Laura Brannigan
    That’s her

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Rolling Angie. The stomes
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Number 3 is fyc. Johnny. We're sorry. Won't you come on home. Sorry don't know the song title
    I guess you're always late to a party then Cayton?

With regards my comment about post 1990 music it's quite frightening really. For this quiz I came up with about 50-60 of the songs I used from memory (the songs not the lyrics, obviously I look those up) and then I used Google to check out lists of songs with Boys/Girls names in them to see if I'd missed any obvious ones. I'd say most of the top 100 lists only had around 20-30 of the songs I used, the other 70-80 on their lists were songs from the past 20 years that I'd never heard of (nor had I heard of most of the artists).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    With regards my comment about post 1990 music it's quite frightening really. For this quiz I came up with about 50-60 of the songs I used from memory (the songs not the lyrics, obviously I look those up) and then I used Google to check out lists of songs with Boys/Girls names in them to see if I'd missed any obvious ones. I'd say most of the top 100 lists only had around 20-30 of the songs I used, the other 70-80 on their lists were songs from the past 20 years that I'd never heard of (nor had I heard of most of the artists).
    Then you must try harder....first time I really struggled with your pop quiz but still good all the same.

I read today that 1990 is now as far back as Radio 2 will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Then you must try harder....first time I really struggled with your pop quiz but still good all the same.
    Struggled? I bet you still knew more than half of them. If I did I quiz featuring just music of the 2020s (or even the 2010s, 2000s and 1990s) then everyone would struggle

Struggled? I bet you still knew more than half of them. If I did I quiz featuring just music of the 2020s (or even the 2010s, 2000s and 1990s) then everyone would struggle
    I know most of the songs when the answers are revealed but when there's no music I don't recognise most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I read today that 1990 is now as far back as Radio 2 will go.
    It's the same here with mainstream radio channels but no different to when we were growing up. We wouldn't have expected Radio 1 to be playing music from the 1940s in 1970. However I would have thought Radio 2 might have been a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I know most of the songs when the answers are revealed but when there's no music I don't recognise most of them.
    I even have that problem and I write the quiz

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112