+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 📺Tiernan Brooks interview

📺Tiernan Brooks interview

11 minute chat with Saturday's debutant goalkeeper...

Very good interview, Tiernan comes over as very confident but very level headed too. Looks like he was very unlucky to be booked as he got the ball in both of the incident concerning him. He is a good size and looks every inch a good keeper in the making.
    Hopefully next season's pre season will see him press for a first team place.

Really good interview, clearly a level headed lad who's obviously popular with the squad. He took his chance really well, hopefully he will be an asset for a long time to come.

It also gives a clearer insight into the penalty decisions, and my initial impressions from a very dodgy live stream were confirmed:

Penalty 1 - a really soft one, but I can see why it was given. Bajrami got on the wrong side of his attacker, and even though the contact was minimal it's one of those where on MOTD they say "he felt something so was entitled to go down".

Penalty 2 - The live stream froze for this, but seeing the replay it was a shocking decision from the ref, Brooks clearly got a hand on the ball before or at the same time as the forward.

Non-penalty 3 - Another really bad refereeing decision. Although Brooks takes a poor touch, he recovers and clears the ball before the attacker runs in to him and falls over. If it was a free kick, it should have been given our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really good interview, clearly a level headed lad who's obviously popular with the squad. He took his chance really well, hopefully he will be an asset for a long time to come.

It also gives a clearer insight into the penalty decisions, and my initial impressions from a very dodgy live stream were confirmed:

Penalty 1 - a really soft one, but I can see why it was given. Bajrami got on the wrong side of his attacker, and even though the contact was minimal it's one of those where on MOTD they say "he felt something so was entitled to go down".

Penalty 2 - The live stream froze for this, but seeing the replay it was a shocking decision from the ref, Brooks clearly got a hand on the ball before or at the same time as the forward.

Non-penalty 3 - Another really bad refereeing decision. Although Brooks takes a poor touch, he recovers and clears the ball before the attacker runs in to him and falls over. If it was a free kick, it should have been given our way.
    Still can't really see much about penalty 2 from the youtube vid Elite. Maybe it's my eyes or you saw a better video than me. But yes agree certainly looks suspect but really hard to tell. I found he went long a lot more often than Slocombe which is a confidence thing. If he plays at the lane and has more time it will be interesting to see if he plays it out more. Looking forward to seeing the feed at the weekend. Overall I thought he did very well.

He got the ball for the 2nd penalty, no doubt!

What a cracking bloke he is, I'd have no issues him being between the sticks against Dorking on Saturday.

Name:  nopen.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  92.5 KB
    Last edited by OP67; 08-03-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He got the ball for the 2nd penalty, no doubt!

What a cracking bloke he is, I'd have no issues him being between the sticks against Dorking on Saturday.

Name:  nopen.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  92.5 KB
    Yep no doubt. Not seen that video just a grainy one at distance. Thank-you.

So of the four incidents (the three discussed plus the Langstaff one at the end), the ref's decision favoured Bromley in them all.

If these things really do even themselves out, I think we're owed a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So of the four incidents (the three discussed plus the Langstaff one at the end), the ref's decision favoured Bromley in them all.

If these things really do even themselves out, I think we're owed a few!
    You would hope so Elite, first pen was 70/30 but the second was an appalling decision and as you know we are on the end of way too many of them lately, Langstaff's is a difficult one, he goes to kick it and defender gets a leg up so if it were given against us we would be fuming... but as you said we are certainly owed a few and let's hope it all evens itself out come the end of the season.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-03-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Play him for the remainder of the season...!if we get a replacement in it would be a reserve keeper that hasn't played much anyway...let him gain some game time and if the worst happens he would be game fit for the play offs !!