+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another match to be rearranged

It’s been posted on here before but the game most likely needing rearranging would be Altrincham on the 1st April. If they win at York tomorrow they’ll be in the semis due to play that weekend. I think tomorrow’s game will go ahead although looks like the weather during the game may be a bit rough.

Hasn't it been a rule for many years that clubs *have* to play final day fixtures at the same time?

If there was nothing on it, then they would probably make an exception, but if there is then one club could end up with a massive advantage - knowing they need a draw rather than have to go for the win - which could dictate the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Just noticed that our next to last home match of the season is on the same day that Forest host Man U.
    Their match is on Sky at 17:30.
    Nothing on the Notts site but this will obviously either be on Friday night (c**p) or Sunday afternoon (also c**p)
    If it’s on the Friday it will give an advantage to Wrexham because they will have a target to aim at.
    Another casualty of that god called TV and crap planning by the National League / Football League / Premier League.
    Both of those dates are difficult for me and there is a chance that this will be yet another game that I will be forced to miss. Seriously thinking that I may not renew my season ticket next year.
    Does anyone know if the coordination is better between the FL and the PL in terms of dates not clashing for clubs from the same city.
    Let's be honest 1955 Pie it's not really that you think Wrexham have an advantage if we play Friday night or Sunday .. but you are peed off that if they are re-arranged you are unlikely to make the different day.
    Unfortunately it's the way of modern football look how Premier League fans are messed about 8pm Saturday night games etc etc but as long as grounds get full and enough subscribers tune in then it will only get worse

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Hasn't it been a rule for many years that clubs *have* to play final day fixtures at the same time?

If there was nothing on it, then they would probably make an exception, but if there is then one club could end up with a massive advantage - knowing they need a draw rather than have to go for the win - which could dictate the outcome.
    That is correct but I think the guy is talking about Woking game not York which is our last game of season.

Man Utd are 90% into next round so are likely to now play Forest on Sunday/Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That is correct but I think the guy is talking about Woking game not York which is our last game of season.
    He was, I was being dim and not reading it correctly.

If both Notts and Wrexham end up playing the penultimate fixture on the same day then I guess there's a high chance one will be selected by BT for live broadcast at 5:20, so won't be playing at the same time regardless of the Fword situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Let's be honest 1955 Pie it's not really that you think Wrexham have an advantage if we play Friday night or Sunday .. but you are peed off that if they are re-arranged you are unlikely to make the different day.
    Unfortunately it's the way of modern football look how Premier League fans are messed about 8pm Saturday night games etc etc but as long as grounds get full and enough subscribers tune in then it will only get worse
    You are correct PnR about me being peed off but it does make a difference if one team ( whichever that is ) plays later than the other. Uncertainty should be all part of the mix for players, managers and spectators.

Also upthemaggies you are right to bring this up

"Hasn't it been a rule for many years that clubs *have* to play final day fixtures at the same time?
    If there was nothing on it, then they would probably make an exception, but if there is then one club could end up with a massive advantage - knowing they need a draw rather than have to go for the win - which could dictate the outcome."

What would happen if that last match ( for any team ) did clash with a premier teams' game at the same time?

I don't think the Premier League would give a toss.

Maybe ongoing, clubs should be given the opportunity to look for all the potential clashes before the fixture list is issued.
    They could then consult the other team to see about possibly reversing the fixture. Or am I trying to be be too clever?
    Perhaps I am expecting far too much of the National and Football Leagues.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 10-03-2023 at 03:38 PM.

You are correct PnR about me being peed off but it does make a difference if one team ( whichever that is ) plays later than the other. Uncertainty should be all part of the mix for players, managers and spectators.

Also upthemaggies you are right to bring this up

"Hasn't it been a rule for many years that clubs *have* to play final day fixtures at the same time?
    If there was nothing on it, then they would probably make an exception, but if there is then one club could end up with a massive advantage - knowing they need a draw rather than have to go for the win - which could dictate the outcome."

What would happen if that last match ( for any team ) did clash with a premier teams' game at the same time?

I don't think the Premier League would give a toss.

Maybe ongoing, clubs should be given the opportunity to look for all the potential clashes before the fixture list is issued.
    They could then consult the other team to see about possibly reversing the fixture. Or am I trying to be be too clever?
    Perhaps I am expecting far too much of the National and Football Leagues.
    Can't remember us clashing home games with Fword when we were in the FL, unless Cup ties came into the equation. Why the NL can't tell their computer to not put us up against Fword at any point in the season, I don't know. They always publish fixtures a few weeks after the PL and must work the fixtures out accordingly to a large extent as most weekends we don't clash. But since we've been in this league there always seems to be a handful of weekends when we're both at home, for no good reason.

Never seemed to happen in t'good old days when league matches were arranged by the FL. Teams located close like us would always be home and away on alternate weeks. If not then a Friday/Saturday fixture would be in place.
    It shouldn't be up to teams to arrange or rearrange fixtures, all sorts of trouble with that one.

Just noticed that our next to last home match of the season is on the same day that Forest host Man U.
    Their match is on Sky at 17:30.
    Nothing on the Notts site but this will obviously either be on Friday night (c**p) or Sunday afternoon (also c**p)
    If it’s on the Friday it will give an advantage to Wrexham because they will have a target to aim at.
    Another casualty of that god called TV and crap planning by the National League / Football League / Premier League.
    Both of those dates are difficult for me and there is a chance that this will be yet another game that I will be forced to miss. Seriously thinking that I may not renew my season ticket next year.
    Does anyone know if the coordination is better between the FL and the PL in terms of dates not clashing for clubs from the same city.
    There will be no advantage to Wrexham, they will have sewn up the league by then unfortunately
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-03-2023 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Just seen the Stags game is called off already due to snow on the pitch despite it being covered for days. The photo shows a very snow covered pitch. How much has settled in Nottm? Maybe I was feeling over confident when I posted before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64915016

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast