+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Stand Closed Tonight

East Stand Closed Tonight

Loose cladding on roof !!!

Fans asked to move to the North Stand , ( interesting , Pompey are bringing 1200 ) the West and Ponty End .

There is a section of loose cladding which has been identified in our pre-match inspection and deemed unsafe. Therefore, the East Stand and the East Stand car park, will be closed to all personnel for this fixture, including East Stand hospitality.

Not sure why a bit of loose cladding requires the closure of the whole stand but we have to follow advice I guess.
    23.01 is late in the day for an email. I would have thought any inspection would have been done earlier in the day. Good job the west stand's open again. Suddenly, we're allowed to mix the fans in the North Stand. Just my observations.

I blame Conway (Arseoyle).

It's good to see the West Stand is now safe enough to seat a full house of fans rather than just the VIP's and media, as was the case when it was deemed unsafe and fans moved.

Is the side of the West Stand nearest to the North Stand now open ?

I’ll give this one a miss then and take my refund. Let’s hope it’s fixed for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Is the side of the West Stand nearest to the North Stand now open ?
    Some on BBS are saying it will stay closed because there is nowhere to have a p1ss.
    Hire some portaloos ?. Plenty available this time of year with few outdoor events going on.

P1ssoyles were very limited behind the Brewery Stand but we managed. With it being a cowd neet it could see the return of the p1ss steam clouds over Oakwell. Lasses cuddev the portaloos.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-03-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Some on BBS are saying it will stay closed because there is nowhere to have a p1ss.
    Hire some portaloos ?. Plenty available this time of year with few outdoor events going on.

P1ssoyles were very limited behind the Brewery Stand but we managed. With it being a cowd neet it could see the return of the p1ss steam clouds over Oakwell. Lasses cuddev the portaloos.
    Some great ideas there SB. I've found memories of the stam clouds 😁

Why is segregation in place tonight when in other games the police have said no?

The Walsall play off match springs to mind. The home areas were sold out and there was still a large demand for tickets. Walsall only filled half of the North stand so around 2000/2500 seats were still available for reds fans. However, on police advice the club weren't able to sell anymore tickets despite the demand meaning the club lost out on thousands of pounds. A more recent case was the Blackpool match in 2019 where the same thing happened. Home areas sold out and on police advice no segregation of the North stand.

I want to know why this rule has changed for tonight? You look at segregation in Premier league stadium and it's minimal with bigger attendances.

Why do SYP need entire stands to segregate fans at Barnsley matches? Yet tonight, it seems the goalposts have suddenly been shifted due to the extenuating circumstances.

It wouldn't surprise me if the match was called off tonight on police advice. Especially with this segregation issue in mind otherwise it would be hypocritical to say the least considering what has gone on in the past

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Why is segregation in place tonight when in other games the police have said no?

The Walsall play off match springs to mind. The home areas were sold out and there was still a large demand for tickets. Walsall only filled half of the North stand so around 2000/2500 seats were still available for reds fans. However, on police advice the club weren't able to sell anymore tickets despite the demand meaning the club lost out on thousands of pounds. A more recent case was the Blackpool match in 2019 where the same thing happened. Home areas sold out and on police advice no segregation of the North stand.

I want to know why this rule has changed for tonight? You look at segregation in Premier league stadium and it's minimal with bigger attendances.

Why do SYP need entire stands to segregate fans at Barnsley matches? Yet tonight, it seems the goalposts have suddenly been shifted due to the extenuating circumstances.

It wouldn't surprise me if the match was called off tonight on police advice. Especially with this segregation issue in mind otherwise it would be hypocritical to say the least considering what has gone on in the past
    Exactly Pass. I'm not buying iFollow until the last minute; learnt my lesson with the Exeter match ( still to be seen whether iFollow still have a record of my purchase for that match).

Loko of Supporters Trust fans has returned to bbs and assumed control of tonight's arrangements .

However his information regarding Pompey bringing 1200 appears to be a bit odd given only 3 coaches are expected from Portsmouth this evening .

As you were Loko mi owd .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast