+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott MOTD

Chappers has said no

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You obviously don't know bugger all about employment contracts and business models protecting their interests.
    If I paid someone £1.25 m a year who kept breeching COD of said company, then I'd react as well.

It seems your reply is more about the sympathy of the comment, than about the breech of conduct.
    Says it all really,

This forum has rules about what you can say/do.
    Don't like them, don't use it.
    Break them and they have the right to react.

You referred to employees of certain services being ‘sacked on the spot’ and that’s not true either is it?

Tosh, I can and have seen an employee of HMP post a racist joke on social media.
    No hearing, no nothing. Gone.
    you must have lived in a bubble mate
    Yet again...no response to the points raised and then a reference to something which is entirely different.

So let’s consider what you’ve introduced...if a prison officer, who has a duty of care to a group of people which in all probability includes a high number of black and Asian people, makes a racist joke...is that in any way comparable with a football pundit and minor celebrity making known his thought on refugees? I don’t think so.

No presenters or pundits will feature on Saturday's Match of the Day programme, a BBC spokesperson says.

Saturday's Match of the Day programme will "focus on match action without studio presentation or punditry", they say.

Save a **** load of money if they did that every week...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yet again...no response to the points raised and then a reference to something which is entirely different.

So let’s consider what you’ve introduced...if a prison officer, who has a duty of care to a group of people which in all probability includes a high number of black and Asian people, makes a racist joke...is that in any way comparable with a football pundit and minor celebrity making known his thought on refugees? I don’t think so.
    Yet again it goes over your head. IF IT IS YOUR CODES OF CONDUCT IN YOUR CONTRACT, YOU ARE LIABLE TO DISCIPLINE

Which part of this eludes you?
    You an ex teacher for gods sake, you should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Personally I think she's awful, and before the usual suspects shout 'racist/***ist' I also think Isa Guha is fantastic on the cricket, for instance.

Or were you questioning why I watch daytime quiz shows?
    I don’t understand the ‘daytime quiz shows’ reference but, just out of interest, who do you suppose are the ‘usual suspects’ likely to shout ‘racist’ because you happen not to approve of Alex Scott. Not looking to fall out again, I’m just genuinely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No presenters or pundits will feature on Saturday's Match of the Day programme, a BBC spokesperson says.

Saturday's Match of the Day programme will "focus on match action without studio presentation or punditry", they say.

Save a **** load of money if they did that every week...
    Should make the programme much better viewing - I might even watch it now

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yet again it goes over your head. IF IT IS YOUR CODES OF CONDUCT IN YOUR CONTRACT, YOU ARE LIABLE TO DISCIPLINE

Which part of this eludes you?
    You an ex teacher for gods sake, you should know this.
    Oh here we go again...let’s get personal and trot out the irrelevant ex teacher point now.
    The question was...how do you compare a football pundit making his thoughts known on the treatment of refugees with a prison officer making a racist joke?
    It’d also be interesting to know how YOU know that GL has broken his ‘code of conduct’ and exactly how he’s meant to have done that.

I don’t understand the ‘daytime quiz shows’ reference but, just out of interest, who do you suppose are the ‘usual suspects’ likely to shout ‘racist’ because you happen not to approve of Alex Scott. Not looking to fall out again, I’m just genuinely interested.
    'the usual suspects' (and this happens a lot on social media elsewhere) are those who assume that any criticism from any quarter (but in this case me, hence the qualification) aimed at people of colour and/or females are made out of a racist or ***ist agenda. Not saying you are one of 'the usual suspects', but your assumption that TTR's anecdote about the racist joke could only be about blacks or Asians suggests you lean that way. And that's not a criticism, everyone has their biases.

On the current subject I actually think the beeb are wrong, opinions shared which are clearly made personally and are made on non-BBC platforms are fair go as far as I'm concerned - however, also think there's a lot of hypocricy going on, 'The Usual suspects' (in a'liberals) would not be leaping to his defence if he had shared the opposite view, although I'd guess 'the other usual suspects' (small c conservatives) WOULD be

I don’t understand the ‘daytime quiz shows’ reference
    Alex Scott hosts a daytime quiz show 'the tournament' which I have caught a few times. Not good TV IMO but as Sith says, its all just opinions

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40236718]
    On the current subject I actually think the beeb are wrong, opinions shared which are clearly made personally and are made on non-BBC platforms are fair go as far as I'm concerned [QUOTE]

We can agree on that bit. Seems to be what most people are saying. Sorry...I tend not to watch daytime TV after breakfast.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-03-2023 at 09:57 PM.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)