+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley VS Wigan Player Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Army - "I marked Robert’s down a bit as he wasted passes and concede possession a bit in this game"

117 passes with a 94% passing accuracy. Made 56 successful final third passes, a record in a Championship match this season.
    Rather than stats, I see what Army is saying. He will be seeing a critical pass that has gone a miss. Sure those 5 yard side way balls all add up into a statisticians wet dream but I am pretty sure without putting words in his mouth he will have seen the critical balls going a miss. In other words the ones that count. He's probably played the game

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Rather than stats, I see what Army is saying. He will be seeing a critical pass that has gone a miss. Sure those 5 yard side way balls all add up into a statisticians wet dream but I am pretty sure without putting words in his mouth he will have seen the critical balls going a miss. In other words the ones that count. He's probably played the game
    If he played it better than those stats he should have been in the World Cup team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If he played it better than those stats he should have been in the World Cup team.

Roberts was.

You cannot argue with a 94% passing accuracy and the most successful passes in the final 3rd in the whole of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    You cannot argue with a 94% passing accuracy and the most successful passes in the final 3rd in the whole of the Championship.
    See my original post

See my original post
    I'm beginning to suspect you can fall out in an empty house U_G.

I'm beginning to suspect you can fall out in an empty house U_G.
    Well, you would be right if the empty house ignored my point. What does the answer "You cannot argue with a 94% passing accuracy and the most successful passes in the final 3rd in the whole of the Championship."

prove my original point of

"Rather than stats, I see what Army is saying. He will be seeing a critical pass that has gone a miss. Sure those 5 yard side way balls all add up into a statisticians wet dream but I am pretty sure without putting words in his mouth he will have seen the critical balls going a miss. In other words the ones that count. He's probably played the game"

So if some one doesn't get what I am saying I will reply. Like the guy wasn't pushed if you keep arguing HE WAS when he wasn't , then yes I will reply. If you think that is arguing then I suggest you read through the threads again.

Well, you would be right if the empty house ignored my point. What does the answer "You cannot argue with a 94% passing accuracy and the most successful passes in the final 3rd in the whole of the Championship."

prove my original point of

"Rather than stats, I see what Army is saying. He will be seeing a critical pass that has gone a miss. Sure those 5 yard side way balls all add up into a statisticians wet dream but I am pretty sure without putting words in his mouth he will have seen the critical balls going a miss. In other words the ones that count. He's probably played the game"

So if some one doesn't get what I am saying I will reply. Like the guy wasn't pushed if you keep arguing HE WAS when he wasn't , then yes I will reply. If you think that is arguing then I suggest you read through the threads again.
    I never ever in my wildest dreams thought I could possibly come across someone more pedantic than sinkov, but here you are.

I never ever in my wildest dreams thought I could possibly come across someone more pedantic than sinkov, but here you are.
    It's not pedantic It's just saying it how it is. If some one is going to say something against my post at least make a decent effort.

Right listen.... If I played Saturday and passed 95 sideways passes 5 yards away successfully but then when I had a chance of an easy through ball and 5x gave the ball away/misplaced the pass.

The stats would say I had a %95 pass completion so I must be great, the guy sat at home would think this going off stats

The guy who has played the game and has watched with hiswn eyes knows that the stats mean f all, so marks him down the scoring.

Again how does this reply have any relevance against my point?

"You cannot argue with a 94% passing accuracy and the most successful passes in the final 3rd in the whole of the Championship"

It doesn't, so I will say so

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)