+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Small Boats etc solution

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Depends upon what you call a success I guess, but the short answer is we are in completely different geographic location, we have a reputation as a country which upholds human rights, deals with people fairly and though many seem to disagree, the vast majority of those who seek asylum get their applications granted.

I've already pointed out how the boats can be stopped and the government knows this as well, hence Sunak cultivating the French and offering money for processing over there. He knows this legislation won't work and whatever it says, cannot and will not be implemented, he is hoping that if he can secure arrangements with the French, then the boats will stop and they can claim it was their "tough" action that did it.

The smuggling by boat only became significant post 2016 and became a real issue post Brexit, it was pointed out at the time that Brexit would move the border from Calais to Dover, but the shysters in charge ignored that, failed to make any alternative arrangements for processing claims and on returning people that were in place before Brexit. That plus the failure to process applications in a timely fashion has led to where we are today.

In short the current situation is mostly the result of the piss poor management by this government, who it seems prefer to govern by rhetoric, rather than action.

One final word - we are talking 45 - 50,000 a year, other EU countries take in many more. Hardly an influx and one that if managed properly could address security/safety concerns and get those approved integrated into society avoiding most of the issues, that are currently being expereinced.
    Not bad Swale, few things are up for challenge.

We do indeed have a reputation for upholding human rights AND taking in vulnerable folk. Something I see now being used against us.
    The vast majority of Asylum seekers accepted? You make it sound like they are all genuine. That's bull.
    When you have tossed you ID papers away, its hard to reject/return anyone. They know this, they aren't daft. In the same way as Australia did, a zero tolerance by this method, is the only way to stop it. Perhaps out soft nature, is apparent when you consider Germany /Sweden booted Albanians out, yet we have 93% of them claiming asylum and 55% getting it? How?

I agree with the French. Considering they are paid a lot of money anyway, they should accept the returns as well that evade them. That's where a good detention centre comes into it over there. Though I do have to question the French anyway, as to why they aren't dealing with them anyway. Have no legal right to be there, aren't claiming asylum/refugee status/ won't register/ don't exist? You'd think they'd learm after the worst terror attacks in France, came from the very migrants crossing into Greece.

Do not agree with the wholely Brexit stance and us. The boats weren't a problem in 2016.

Year Numbers
    2018 764
    2019 1,900
    2020 8,404
    2021 28,526
    2022 45,756.(As of 25 December 2022)
    2023 2,070.(As of February 2023)

What changed? Well the security has been improved year on year at the ports/tunnel. When we officially left the EUin early 2020, the customs checks virtually wiped it out. In no way was 20 000 year getting in that way anyway.

So what else changed? Germany/Sweden/Denmark/Italy are all a lot tougher, so pastures new have been sort out.

Yep piss poor from the government, but its been going on a lot longer than the current one.
    Weak and usless and they know it.

Hee;'s one for you though. IN 2003 a lefty lawyer took Labour to court of them barring illiegal immigrants from claiming benefits. The man? Yep Kier Starmer.!!

In response to the judgement, the then Home Secretary David Blunkett despaired:

“I am personally fed up with having to deal with the situation where Parliament debates issues and the judges overturn them.”

Jesus wept and well he might. What needs to be done?

1. reopen "asylum request centres" in mainland Europe and in Asia/Africa/elsewhere wherever the boat people originate from
    2. talk to nations and come to agreements (which will cost money) to have them accept repatriation of rejected asylum seekers
    3. agree with the French that they will take back people we intercept in the channel
    4. employ more people in the UK to reduce the backlog and speed up new applications to a max of 4 weeks
    5. Those whose "home" country won't accept them or we don't know where they are from, send them to Rwanda. We have, after all, already paid Rwanda to take them in. Any who don't want to go to Rwanda are likely to reveal their origin...

All 5 should run simultaneously.

There. Question answered for the eleven****th time (yes, slight exaggeration to make a point). Now, why don't you answer my questions to you? Start with GL and how his tweet meant "open borders". Again, if you can't/won't answer, just say so.

We should deploy a Destroyer to fire warning shots to deter them from trying to cross the channel. As for the ones that do get through, they should be turned around and sent straight back.

As for turning RAF Scampton into a immigrant camp, N1gger would be turning in his grave.

And there you have the hand grenade lobbed in from the far corner, likely to upset some and cause Tricky to cream his jeans 😄😄

No doubt it will ruffle a few feathers GP but I'm not expecting a response. I reckon this thread will result in a drop off in posts across the forum unfortunately!!

I'm never one for holding back on what I say

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I'm never one for holding back on what I say
    Quite right too OTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    We should deploy a Destroyer to fire warning shots to deter them from trying to cross the channel. As for the ones that do get through, they should be turned around and sent straight back.

As for turning RAF Scampton into a immigrant camp, N1gger would be turning in his grave.
    I think you’re spot on, OTR.
    Guy Gibson’s black Labrador would probably be turning in his grave...at the thought that those who fought against the Nazis in WWII would now, eighty years on, find a country where such callous and intolerant views as yours were still to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think you’re spot on, OTR.
    Guy Gibson’s black Labrador would probably be turning in his grave...at the thought that those who fought against the Nazis in WWII would now, eighty years on, find a country where such callous and intolerant views as yours were still to be found.
    Its a shame really that some people seem to have been whipped up into a righteous state of indignation, that they make at best questionable comments and at worst inhumane ones.

But do bear in mind that there were virtually no small boats before Brexit, that the solution is quite simple and humane and would allow granting asylum to those that qualified - not forgetting there are a number of Iraq and Afghans that helped the UK in its venture into those countries which we have a moral obligation to help - and removal of those that don't.

Its a deliberate policy of this government to waste time and money on not handling this matter effectively in order to distract from their many failings.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Its a deliberate policy of this government to waste time and money on not handling this matter effectively in order to distract from their many failings.
    ... using even more failures to do so.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)