+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Just watched the BBC story about the link with heading a football and dementia, filmed at the NY Stadium.
    Heartbreaking to see Dave ( who otherwise looked so well) not even being able to remember the actual area he used to head the ball. Nice to see Rotherham in a good light

It’s a terrible thing for anyone.

If you'd not heard already one of our greatest ever players, Dave Watson, has donated one of his old England shirts to the club as part of his association with the Millers Memory Club.

Name:  1F6F1230-1FEC-4A2D-BF1C-C0CA2C069D37.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  10.6 KB

I wish him all the best,Great player, Great Person.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s a terrible thing for anyone.

If you'd not heard already one of our greatest ever players, Dave Watson, has donated one of his old England shirts to the club as part of his association with the Millers Memory Club.

Name:  1F6F1230-1FEC-4A2D-BF1C-C0CA2C069D37.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  10.6 KB
    These donated items, can they be seen by Joe Public?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    These donated items, can they be seen by Joe Public?
    Grist, this shirt is on display as you enter into the reception area. Saw it last Friday and wondered who owned it.
    Brilliant player and just a bit before my time but what I've read about him is always complimentary.

My late Step Father suffered with dementia for several years before he passed and to see him lose the ability to even think for himself was heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Just watched the BBC story about the link with heading a football and dementia, filmed at the NY Stadium.
    Heartbreaking to see Dave ( who otherwise looked so well) not even being able to remember the actual area he used to head the ball. Nice to see Rotherham in a good light
    https://t.co/UFQwdRTr6Q

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thanks for the link. So sad to see one's heroes suffering from this awful illness. Great memories of Dave at Millmoor.

Excellent publicity for the good work the club is doing.

....hope Cardiff fans don't watch it,... the sprinklers on again.....................lol

Was way before my time but dad always said one best centre halves we have ever had

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Was way before my time but dad always said one best centre halves we have ever had
    And not too shabby at centre forward

My all time favourite Miller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast