+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few fans pusses

A few fans pusses

Tripping them as they left last night, obviously winning and playing pretty well spoiled their night.

Still there's aye the cat.

Poor crowd last night for a must win game, also thought the crowd was very subdued, almost like they were expecting the inevitable.

thank goodness the drummers kept going for the whole game !

played well, should have scored more, but great result, Cameron and Mcowan were the standouts, number 11 ?? not impressed,
    doesn't look any better than what we have already.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Poor crowd last night for a must win game, also thought the crowd was very subdued, almost like they were expecting the inevitable.

thank goodness the drummers kept going for the whole game !

played well, should have scored more, but great result, Cameron and Mcowan were the standouts, number 11 ?? not impressed,
    doesn't look any better than what we have already.
    Agree about the crowd. Where I was in the Coxy there were huge numbers of empty season ticket seats. Don't really know why with us still second and in with a chance of the title but disappointing. If that is the crowd we get when second and in contention God knows what we would get if mid table and really struggling. Yesterday is where I really saw that we must inflate the crowd figure. In comparison with say some of the cup fixtures and better attended League games I wonder just how many ST holders were absent and what the actual number of supporters at the game was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Agree about the crowd. Where I was in the Coxy there were huge numbers of empty season ticket seats. Don't really know why with us still second and in with a chance of the title but disappointing. If that is the crowd we get when second and in contention God knows what we would get if mid table and really struggling. Yesterday is where I really saw that we must inflate the crowd figure. In comparison with say some of the cup fixtures and better attended League games I wonder just how many ST holders were absent and what the actual number of supporters at the game was.
    I don't think there is much doubt if any that we include non attending season ticket holders. I also don't think there is any doubt that this is the norm throughout football. If it is done the same all the time then fair enough we just live with it. Last night for reasons of our recent performances many season ticket holders stayed away but technically they had paid entry so are included in the crowd figures. Last night due to the number missing the crowd figures compared with the people there looked more out of line. Looking at the DABs crowd at the weekend ( only on the telly though, only attend there on derbies and go home for a good wash after) it was equally out of sync . 8131, in their dreams, most of them, if that figure was anything like true, must have been auditioning for parts as the invisible man. (Or woman, equal rights rule!).

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    I don't think there is much doubt if any that we include non attending season ticket holders. I also don't think there is any doubt that this is the norm throughout football. If it is done the same all the time then fair enough we just live with it. Last night for reasons of our recent performances many season ticket holders stayed away but technically they had paid entry so are included in the crowd figures. Last night due to the number missing the crowd figures compared with the people there looked more out of line. Looking at the DABs crowd at the weekend ( only on the telly though, only attend there on derbies and go home for a good wash after) it was equally out of sync . 8131, in their dreams, most of them, if that figure was anything like true, must have been auditioning for parts as the invisible man. (Or woman, equal rights rule!).
    What would happen if there was a serious incident in Dens Park during last night’s game which resulted in the crowd having to be evacuated.
    How would the police officer in charge know that everyone had been accounted for if season ticket holders who were not at last night’s game were included in the listed attendance of 4,007.
    Greg Fenton and Jim Thomson who is the match commander should know exactly how many people were in Dens Park because the turnstiles are all linked to the Club’s computer.
    I know why all the Clubs publish inflated home attendance figures instead of the actual number of people attending the game.
    It helps sell pitch side advertising.
    In my opinion the management of all the Clubs should tell the truth stating the exact number of people who attend each home game and not the inflated figures they publish for every home league game.
    The only true attendance figures we get at Dens Park are for home cup ties as season tickets are only valid for league games

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Some of the season ticket holders might have been in hospitality as the club had a special deal for hospitality last night.
    One of the other problems which can reduce the attendance particularly for out of town season ticket holders in the continuing uncertainty that the Dens Park pitch will payable when heavy rain has fallen in the 24 hours before the game.
    This is also a problem for people who have purchased a ticket for game.
    If a game is postponed the club do not refund unused tickets until after the rearranged game has taken place.
    I suspect that this again is to inflate the attendance figures.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What would happen if there was a serious incident in Dens Park during last night’s game which resulted in the crowd having to be evacuated.
    How would the police officer in charge know that everyone had been accounted for if season ticket holders who were not at last night’s game were included in the listed attendance of 4,007.
    Greg Fenton and Jim Thomson who is the match commander should know exactly how many people were in Dens Park because the turnstiles are all linked to the Club’s computer.
    I know why all the Clubs publish inflated home attendance figures instead of the actual number of people attending the game.
    In my opinion the management of all the Clubs should tell the truth stating the exact number of people who attend each home game and not the inflated figures they publish for every home league game.
    The only true attendance figures we get at Dens Park are for home cup ties as season tickets are only valid for league games
    Agree with a lot of what you say but the evacuation scenario makes no sense. Firstly if the ground/any ground is evacuated for whatever reason there is no way of corralling the entire crowd outside the stadium. It is not like evacuating an office or factory where a roll call can take place. The crowd evacuated would melt away or at least sufficient of them to make any crowd count outside the stadium, if such a thing was possible, totally inaccurate. The point however, if such a count was possible, is that by your own argument the police would simply use the true bums on seats number from the club computer and turnstile numbers before calculating and adding the non attending ST holders.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Agree with a lot of what you say but the evacuation scenario makes no sense. Firstly if the ground/any ground is evacuated for whatever reason there is no way of corralling the entire crowd outside the stadium. It is not like evacuating an office or factory where a roll call can take place. The crowd evacuated would melt away or at least sufficient of them to make any crowd count outside the stadium, if such a thing was possible, totally inaccurate. The point however, if such a count was possible, is that by your own argument the police would simply use the true bums on seats number from the club computer and turnstile numbers before calculating and adding the non attending ST holders.
    Can’t wait for his reply to this.

As far as I am aware there is no police presence at Dens this season. Police are only involved in bigger matches or where there is a history or intelligence that there may be trouble. Even some Premier games if crowd is small enough are police free. How is anyone supposed to count a crowd, even the smaller crowds that we get, out in the street after an 'incident' let alone say a full Hampden, Ibrox etc. At Dens a small number up to a large proportion of the crowd could have left during the game prior to any 'incident' depending on the score or performance and also there could be a few old fashioned liftie overs, sneaky ins which make the exact crowd figure debatable in any case. As far as I am aware the stewards have an evacuation plan which calls for making sure the crowd leaves in an orderly manner and for checking that the stands have emptied like checking the bogs etc. But a count of those leaving, impossible. It would be a totally useless exercise even if possible.

If there's a serious incident and we had to evacuate the idea would be to get as far away from the place as possible as quickly as possible.

You've conjured up a vision from absolutely nowhere of a police officer standing on Provie Road shouting names and saying 'OK, you can go home now'. I know we've ceded significant freedoms over the past few years but that's verging on Germany in the 30s stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)