+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: More Signings Hinted / Recall of CLE / Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    According to your likely team sheet, we will be relying on them to be unused subs. Panic over.

Even if it is Wrexham's title, it's our runners up spot. Nobody below us can take that from us.
    Which counts for what apart from not winning?
    We still have to go same route as them below is so what you’re quite happy about I don’t know.
    With the threadbare squad situation as it is I just hope we dont see a similar situation in the play offs as we are going to see Saturday as it’s laughable and some fans won’t forgive the management and owners for leaving us like it and not at least bringing in one or two today.
    Last edited by WarsopPie; 23-03-2023 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Which counts for what apart from not winning?
    We still have to go same route as them below is so what your quite happy about I don’t know.
    It gives you an advantage over finishing 5th like we did the last two seasons, you play one less game and guaranteed to play one home game to try and reach the final at Wembley.

So it does count for something Warsop, even if you don't want it to.

As always only one side can win the league and it looks like it's going to be Wrexham, which is no great surprise.

It gives you an advantage over finishing 5th like we did the last two seasons, you play one less game and guaranteed to play one home game to try and reach the final at Wembley.

So it does count for something Warsop, even if you don't want it to.

As always only one side can win the league and it looks like it's going to be Wrexham, which is no great surprise.
    Quite right, the whining entitled sulking brigade are getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Quite right, the whining entitled sulking brigade are getting tiresome.
    Sulking because a professional football club can't fill it's bench? Be even worse if we were in the football league where you're allowed 7 subs on the bench. One nasty challenge in the back line and we don't have any cover

Basford utd have a full bench every week

Looks like we're settling for 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    And that appears to have benefitted them to the tune of 15th in their respective league. Must be a quality bench.

Obviously the S****horpe game is a bit of a anomaly as we have two players unavailable due to international duty. We have 3 keepers in squad but this one game only 1 available. Again not the norm this season.

Yes it would be far better to have a full bench of fit 1st team squad players or ready and rating to go but we don't. Injuries happen. We could of course put some of our better youth players on there if you want to fill all the substitute spots.

If it's two options, and least desirable one is finishing 2nd this season I'll take it. I'm sure LW and the players haven't settled for anything.

Even if it is Wrexham's title, it's our runners up spot. Nobody below us can take that from us.
    Absolutely meaningless unless we win the play offs and as the Dagenham result shows a home semi final means very little also.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Yeah but supporters don't count.

And that appears to have benefitted them to the tune of 15th in their respective league. Must be a quality bench.

Obviously the S****horpe game is a bit of a anomaly as we have two players unavailable due to international duty. We have 3 keepers in squad but this one game only 1 available. Again not the norm this season.

Yes it would be far better to have a full bench of fit 1st team squad players or ready and rating to go but we don't. Injuries happen. We could of course put some of our better youth players on there if you want to fill all the substitute spots.

If it's two options, and least desirable one is finishing 2nd this season I'll take it. I'm sure LW and the players haven't settled for anything.
    You realise that if you can't fill your bench then you can't rotate your players? This leads to injuries which now we can replace. We have Langstaff who may or may not be carrying a knock, who replaces him to give him a break? Scott and the new chap both injured, Rodrigues? Then that leaves just Lemonheigh-Evans and Austin as attacking midfielders. We are down to the bare bones and getting some extra bodies in would allow us to rotate and resist injury, as it stands, we're likely to be carrying more injuries into the playoffs now.

TAR is definitely out for the season, Brindley has been out for months so won't be match fit so will be a risk to play, Scott seems seriously injured and also Morias is more injured than we realised (great medical that was!) Both will either be lacking match fitness/sharpness or experience in our play patterns. I'm calling it now, we will be a national league club next year. I'd love to be proven wrong but just can't see it
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-03-2023 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast