+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiz question.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What is difficult to understand about the words 'in a Burnley shirt' ? I even put up a little warning for those who might jump straight in without engaging brain first. But some folk just can't resist.

It didn't cause any problem for Professor Outwood.
    The Portsmouth game was at the end of March in 2012 but Danny had signed for the Clarets in August 2011 so the obvious question was what had he been doing from then until he made his Championship debut against Barnsley in February.

What is difficult to understand about the words 'in a Burnley shirt' ? I even put up a little warning for those who might jump straight in without engaging brain first. But some folk just can't resist.

It didn't cause any problem for Professor Outwood.
    For those of us who have an aesthetic slant on the beautiful game, the first "whatever" in a Burnley shirt must always refer to solely a first team appearance otherwise the whole experience is diluted and invalidated.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The Portsmouth game was at the end of March in 2012 but Danny had signed for the Clarets in August 2011 so the obvious question was what had he been doing from then until he made his Championship debut against Barnsley in February.
    Eddie bought him in the full knowledge that Danny was injured and that's why we bagged him on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Eddie bought him in the full knowledge that Danny was injured and that's why we bagged him on the cheap.
    That's not the case mon ami, he was perfectly Ok until got injured in a pre-season friendly at Rochdale, I know, I saw it, I was there.

Cruciate I believe, out for six months.

That's not the case mon ami, he was perfectly Ok until got injured in a pre-season friendly at Rochdale, I know, I saw it, I was there.

Cruciate I believe, out for six months.
    I have been scratching my nut on this one sinkov because there was a huge debate on here as to why we bought him knowing he was injured.

I remember someone saying he was injured in his very first training session with Eddie Howe.

I'm buggered if I can remember the details now.

Mind you I can't remember what I had for breakfast so I really have no certainty on the initial Ings injury.

Danny was certainly OK at Bournemouth, he played 89 and 113 minutes for them in their play-off games against Huddersfield. If he'd been injured in training he wouldn't have been playing at Rochdale would he ? I always did blame Eddie, to some extent, for the injury, for some reason he dropped him back into midfield, he went into a tackle and came out knacked, if he'd kept him up front he'd never have gone for that 50/50 ball, I have no idea why Eddie had him playing there.

I was exceedingly miffed because that same week I'd backed him at 25/1 to be Championship top scorer, and he was out for six months before the season had even started, and all because Eddie had fecked him about at Rochdale, but that's possibly just me talking out of my pocket.

For those of us who have an aesthetic slant on the beautiful game, the first "whatever" in a Burnley shirt must always refer to solely a first team appearance otherwise the whole experience is diluted and invalidated.
    Back in the day when we had one, proper fans followed the First team AND the Reserves. For us, a 'Burnley shirt' meant exactly that.

Danny was certainly OK at Bournemouth, he played 89 and 113 minutes for them in their play-off games against Huddersfield. If he'd been injured in training he wouldn't have been playing at Rochdale would he ? I always did blame Eddie, to some extent, for the injury, for some reason he dropped him back into midfield, he went into a tackle and came out knacked, if he'd kept him up front he'd never have gone for that 50/50 ball, I have no idea why Eddie had him playing there.

I was exceedingly miffed because that same week I'd backed him at 25/1 to be Championship top scorer, and he was out for six months before the season had even started, and all because Eddie had fecked him about at Rochdale, but that's possibly just me talking out of my pocket.
    No point in me arguing on this mon ami because the version of events I have has no recollection of him playing at Spotland Road.

He has been unfortunately injury prone though right throughout his career which has been a real shame.

Just thinking a bit more though, Trippier, Mee, Ings, Vokes, Austin & Shackell were amongst some very astute signings by Eddie.

No point in me arguing on this mon ami because the version of events I have has no recollection of him playing at Spotland Road.
    Like I said mon ami, I know he was playing because I was there and it hurt me almost as much as Danny, my bet went down the toilet as he was being carried off, and the season hadn't even started.

If you want photographic evidence of Danny's participation, try this link.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-so...106611777.html

Or this,

"In what was a high tempo start to the match, Burnley had an effort just a minute after Dale took the lead. Danny Ings attempted to chip ‘keeper Josh Lillis after powering through on goal, his shot over dipped just over the cross bar."

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2...e-3-1-burnley/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)