+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RAF Scampton

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I'll ignore some of the personal insults toward my mental state. I am perfectly sane and compos mentis thank you.
    I'd have to disagree based on the thread you started this post with, its full of utterly bizarre comments.

Also by what logic do you consider accommodation used for housing servicemen not suitable for housing refugees/asylum seekers?

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I personally find the use of the term 'pops' offensive!
    I find AF's patronising posts offensive but its a free forum I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    If that’s the case...all well and good. Let those for whom such preservation and possible development of this site is important ‘put their money where their mouth is’ and get on with it. I don’t think anyone has suggested otherwise.

Let’s not however confuse this desire, however laudable it may be, with any unnecessarily insensitive comments aimed at asylum seekers/refugees, ill founded and frankly unthinking criticism of the French and repeatedly contrived usage of a word which has a long history of being insulting and disparaging towards black people.

There are two sides to all fall outs.
    I haven't fallen out, just made a sarcastic response to an utterly bizarre rant! I have no personal animosity to OTR or anybody on this Forum, but reserve the right to ridicule, criticise or otherwise take the piss when they make stupid statements.

East Lindsey District Council seem to be in tune with my utterly bizzare rant

Probably because they don't want to have, or to deal with, a huge influx of asylum seekers/illegal migrants on their patch either, OTR. As has been mentioned before, many NIMBYs around in all quarters.

Well I returned to kick up some dirt and ruffle a few feathers. It's probably time for me to do my disappearing act again for a while.

I'll be back to cause more trouble some time in the future 😉

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I find AF's patronising posts offensive but its a free forum I guess!
    One hopes that it doesn't become the norm that that freedom is an open book for one and all to be offensive to each other! A bit playgroundish when we start the old 'he did it first' routine!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I haven't fallen out, just made a sarcastic response to an utterly bizarre rant! I have no personal animosity to OTR or anybody on this Forum, but reserve the right to ridicule, criticise or otherwise take the piss when they make stupid statements.
    I wasn’t suggesting you had, however the debate/argument/fall out/whatever was, I thought, becoming increasingly personal, antagonistic and acrimonious and I was just seeking some balance. OTR clearly feels strongly about the future of Scampton...you and I equally strongly about some of the unnecessarily disrespectful things he said to illustrate his point
    Personally I much prefer it when people actually justify their ‘tell it like it is’ posts. It’s something you...and I’d like to think, I...invariably do. Others not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    One hopes that it doesn't become the norm that that freedom is an open book for one and all to be offensive to each other!!
    Well said and accusing someone of having a mental illness simply for having a different POV is beyond the pale

....but entirely predictible, sadly

It happens whenever opinion differs, the non aligned member of the Borg being dissed as gone in the head

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)