+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread2: Derby v Ipswich

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Because he is crap.
    Apparently if 2 players on the same team collide and go down they dont have to go off, cant see how those two was a collision though considering the distance between them. As you say, crap ref. I get mistakes happen but surely not following the rules of the game is not a mistake.

Ok, seen it back now, poor from linesman giving ref wrong info on our "goal".
    The 2nd goal they scored should've been prevented though, Cashin couldv'e put a tackle in before they got near the box (he wasn't last man, so a yellow worst case if he mis-timed), and nobody reacted quickly to the re-bound - in particular Wildsmith should be charging the 2nd shot down.
    Frustrating, but I felt that Ipswich had another gear in them if they needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Ok, seen it back now, poor from linesman giving ref wrong info on our "goal".
    The 2nd goal they scored should've been prevented though, Cashin couldv'e put a tackle in before they got near the box (he wasn't last man, so a yellow worst case if he mis-timed), and nobody reacted quickly to the re-bound - in particular Wildsmith should be charging the 2nd shot down.
    Frustrating, but I felt that Ipswich had another gear in them if they needed it.
    If Cashin got a yellow though he would have been off as already booked. Our goal being disallowed is ridiculous.

Ah, in which case, he should time his challenge

Got use to the officiating its blatant EFL biased refs sadly. Until they ease off us we’ll have to fight two teams sad to say.

Youd think theyd have gone and pi33ed up another lamppost by now though after 4 years but **** no.

I can't believe you lot are moaning about biased refs. If you were still waiting for a pen after nearly a season, you'd have something to complain about. We've had 101 stonewall appeals and counting. Now the players have nearly reached the stage where they don't bother appealing. My guess is if we'd been awarded as many (converted) pens as Derby, we'd now be two or three crucial points better off and with an outside chance of going up automatically.

Who said biased? I believe, "crap" is the repeated phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Who said biased? I believe, "crap" is the repeated phrase.
    We get both. Even crap refs sometimes choose to favour one team over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    I can't believe you lot are moaning about biased refs. If you were still waiting for a pen after nearly a season, you'd have something to complain about. We've had 101 stonewall appeals and counting. Now the players have nearly reached the stage where they don't bother appealing. My guess is if we'd been awarded as many (converted) pens as Derby, we'd now be two or three crucial points better off and with an outside chance of going up automatically.
    101 is a lot ill give you that.

I think most fans will at time feel the ref was biased, and at the time it appears that way. I think as others have said it is more like they are just crap. We can all point to games where very very poor decisions cost you, just two games this season for us, Port Value at home and Ipswich at home. The refereeing was nothing short of horrendous, in the Port Vale game he was giving them farcical decisions even their fans were chanting that he was one of their own. After the Ipswich game the officials apologised for being crap.

The only thing ive heard (not sure if it was Poll or not) who said refs do get pre conceptions about players, so if a player is known to be a diver etc they will be on the look out for it more which might influence decisions against them.

Now VAR is a different beast to me, i just dont get some of the decisions and inconsistencies, the onfield ref its easy to make mistakes but when they are watching it on TV etc i just dont get the number of errors they seem to make. Take Forest and Huddersfield in the play off final, you talk about penalties not given but Huddersfield had two obvious penalty appeals waved away and VAR did nothing to rectify it. You can excuse the on field ref, but not VAR.

League 1 football deserves league 1 refs. So long as the crapness balances out over the season I can live with it, it even gets the blood pressure up during an otherwise dull game. That Port Vale ref was something else though! Is he still a ref?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)