+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NL fixtures today

NL fixtures today

8 matches, which catch your eye?

Bromley v Solihull (massive game for NA and Solihull, draw not good enough?)
    Dagenham v Dorking (last chance saloon for Daggers?)
    Maidenhead v Chesterfield (can the march into 3rd be slowed here)
    Maidstone v Boreham Wood (they should go back into 6th)
    S****horpe v Torquay (final eliminator, draw and they're both gone?)
    Wealdstone v Aldershot (next week's visitors)
    Wrexham Oldham Athletic (c'mon you Latics )
    Yeovil v Southend (dead-already shrimpers go to 32-goal Yeovil in the zombie derby)

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    8 matches, which catch your eye?

Bromley v Solihull (massive game for NA and Solihull, draw not good enough?)
    Dagenham v Dorking (last chance saloon for Daggers?)
    Maidenhead v Chesterfield (can the march into 3rd be slowed here)
    Maidstone v Boreham Wood (they should go back into 6th)
    S****horpe v Torquay (final eliminator, draw and they're both gone?)
    Wealdstone v Aldershot (next week's visitors)
    Wrexham Oldham Athletic (c'mon you Latics )
    Yeovil v Southend (dead-already shrimpers go to 32-goal Yeovil in the zombie derby)
    Only 1 I care about. Won’t be straight forward but Aldershot should win. Only joking.
    Write Oldham off at your peril Wrexham. They seem a funny side in that they lose games they are expected to win and win games they are expected to lose. In the last 4/5 weeks they have beaten Chesterfield, Woking and Barnet. Hopefully they get a result today.

I can't see anything other than a convincing win for Wrexham unfortunately. I'd prefer Woking to keep 3rd place in the play-offs though but again it looks an easy Cheaterfield win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I can't see anything other than a convincing win for Wrexham unfortunately. I'd prefer Woking to keep 3rd place in the play-offs though but again it looks an easy Cheaterfield win to me.
    That may happen but Oldham v Wrexham feels like a local Derby. There appears to be a dislike there and that could help make the game attritional, which would definitely suit Oldham.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That may happen but Oldham v Wrexham feels like a local Derby. There appears to be a dislike there and that could help make the game attritional, which would definitely suit Oldham.
    Really can't see it, Wrexham will just bulldoze their way to a win with very little finesse and they do. Oldham have nothing really to play for other than league position.

I've either bet on Wrexham to win, or had them in a small accumulator ever since it became a two horse race.

They are at home so they will win today.

On a last 12 games table (roughly quarter of a season) Oldham are 6th. They've only lost 3 games since they visited us on Boxing Day, so I'm quite hopeful they can get a draw at Wrexham. Their fans should be up for this at least because there was apparently quite a lot of trouble in the reverse fixture.

Down at the bottom, Yeovil have only got 2 home games (and 5 away) after today, so if they don't beat Southend this afternoon - with Gateshead now in good form - the bottom 4 would look close to being settled, all four being ex-league clubs.

The Wrexham/Oldham game obviously takes top billing for me but I strangely want S****horpe to take something from the Torquay match, that's a 6 pointer if I ever saw one.

Need Torquay to start winning. Could do with them having something to play for on the last day of the season versus Wrexham.

Strange things happen in football when you least expect them.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast