+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NL fixtures today

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Scunny lost yesters, 6 pts from escaping the drop with only 5 left to play. Seems their new owner is receiving a bit of abuse, it never rains but it pours.
    Scunny are as good as down I'd say, losing at home to Torquay was a disaster for there chances. Gateshead have 4 games in hand over them as well. Hopefully Torquay will have something to play for a=on the last day even if it's just to finish above Yeovil.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Scunny are as good as down I'd say, losing at home to Torquay was a disaster for there chances. Gateshead have 4 games in hand over them as well.
    Just 12 years ago, Scunny were doing the league double over both Sheff Utd and Crystal Palace, also beat Fword at home. A year earlier (our Munto season) they did the double over Derby County and beat champions Newcastle United.

Now facing trips to the likes of Banbury, Buxton, Spennymore and Peterboro Sports.

I don't know any of the details of their decline and have no reason to but I'm going to make a confident guess that it is primarily a result of a bad owner or owners.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't know any of the details of their decline and have no reason to but I'm going to make a confident guess that it is primarily a result of a bad owner or owners.
    Yes quite likely, or more important owners without the necessary cash to back up their ambitous plans

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes quite likely, or more important owners without the necessary cash to back up their ambitous plans
    They often go hand in hand.

IF Wrexham slip up,and I don't think they will,wouldn't it be just like Notts to lose at the same time?Unthinkable!

Yes against Woking

With Eastleigh 1-5 down to the Heed, something amazing is opening up. Southend, who lost 7 straight in March!, still have a chance of stealing 7th.
    Who'd be more dangerous for Woking/C'Field - Southend or Bromley?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    With Eastleigh 1-5 down to the Heed, something amazing is opening up. Southend, who lost 7 straight in March!, still have a chance of stealing 7th.
    I think Cheaterfurlough. Simply because they have some decent cheats and will bring a big following.

Don’t fear any of the others.

Gateshead won 7 in a row. If they’d stated that a few games earlier they’d be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I’d have fancied Eastleigh. Though it looks likely to be Barnet or Borehamwood for the semi. The thought of getting through a Bwood/Chesterfield combo is nightmarish. Chesterfield have been horrendously inconsistent this season but we all know we were lucky to take 4 points off them.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast