+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone smell Europe??

P.S. I'd be effing delighted to be proved wrong, again.

Probably yes but who on earth thought Everton would win tonight and eventually score 5 goals away at Brighton!! That result might just give the team some belief, beat spurs Sat and were back on track.

the level of fatigue this year is evident everywhere. teams are breathing through their @rses. Its made it more interesting but the shoddy foisting of the world cup into the middle of our season has messed up the natural order. Still think we can win all three of our remaining games. Unlike the dogheads, spurs scousers and brighton are not going to play with ten at the back. Their adventure will be an equaliser. I would not bet against us, in the words of lord saunders, but I wouldn't bet on us either. We have players coming back to fitness who will be game changers.

Fatigue? We went out of both cups early, have no Europe and had just 4 players at the WC - for me it's the injuries that have exposed the shallow squad depth plus the dismal run under Gerrard followed by the time needed to adapt to a new playing style. To still be in with a shout is remarkable, I think we'll be 8th and it will be harder next season when the underachievers get better.

We need to win the FA Cup, it's been nearly 70 years FFS - that will take us into Europe and I'll be a very happy Villan!

Excellent 90 min performance.

Can we keep 'punching'?

I really hope so.

Hope, the fker that kills ya.

motd coverage was an absolute joke, no mention of how villa played or how kane cheated a pen... just how easy it would be to break villas high line. Not a massive fan of offside trap but we do it well, however the wait for the flag is rather nerve wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    motd coverage was an absolute joke, no mention of how villa played or how kane cheated a pen... just how easy it would be to break villas high line. Not a massive fan of offside trap but we do it well, however the wait for the flag is rather nerve wracking.
    Obviously not easy enough for the gob****e snide of their coach, the best in the business according to the London Press.

Lineker is a baffoon, he just conducts the imbeciles on the sofa. No footballing opinion just pokes the others with a stick.

Another spuds striker, who got away with murder in the twilight of his career. It seems that they cheat when the pace has gone. Kane never had any, hence he's always been a cheat. A very lucky one at that.

I like the way Sky sports talk of the 'Top Five' They just hate mentioning Aston Villa.
    Well they better get used to it..... .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Obviously not easy enough for the gob****e snide of their coach, the best in the business according to the London Press.

Lineker is a baffoon, he just conducts the imbeciles on the sofa. No footballing opinion just pokes the others with a stick.

Another spuds striker, who got away with murder in the twilight of his career. It seems that they cheat when the pace has gone. Kane never had any, hence he's always been a cheat. A very lucky one at that.
    Great, I'm not the only one who feels that way about Lineker. I change the channel when I see his face! The guy could use a little modesty.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)