+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone smell Europe??

Emery is a very lucky man, inheriting the fine work Stevie G did before being unfairly sacked…. Emery is showing what a top coach can do with players.

Before Emery was appointed I was sure that half our team needed replacing but he has worked miracles with them i.e.Dendoncker 97% pass accuracy. Highest on the pitch today !

So much for Callum Wilson’s “I’ve been told Villa are on fire – tell them the fire engine is arriving on Saturday “

Was this quote from the same Callum Wilson, that the Majestic Mings strode through, clearing the ball and leaving him crumpled in a heap - right at the final whistle?

Emery is several levels above Howe and is exactly the type of manager Newcastle need if they want to be anywhere near as good as Callum Wilson thinks they are.

Tough one for you guys today Zip but you will bounce back. In the end it was a no contest, we should have had 5 or 6 but hey let's not be greedy, I am over the moon. Ps your Toon fans were superb again, noisy as ever and singing to the end. Fair play. Good luck in Europe next season, hope we can make it too. UTFV

Well, as fans, for a long time, that's all we had-our pride in the way we support our team. Now we've actually got a team worthy of our support.

I'm not going to say too much about our performance because it would detract from how well you played but what i saw today was as far removed as you can get from the team who've done so well this season. Your intensity played its part in that but even on the ball we were sloppy and ponderous.

We were battered today, frankly, so the credit goes to Villa.

All the best for the rest of the season, lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well, as fans, for a long time, that's all we had-our pride in the way we support our team. Now we've actually got a team worthy of our support.

I'm not going to say too much about our performance because it would detract from how well you played but what i saw today was as far removed as you can get from the team who've done so well this season. Your intensity played its part in that but even on the ball we were sloppy and ponderous.

We were battered today, frankly, so the credit goes to Villa.

All the best for the rest of the season, lads.
    Whilst you’re here Zippity, mate. Does Eddie have to worry about the sheik's reaction to the loss?

Like, if he’s wearing mittens, on the touchline, next week. Will it be that the owners have had his fingers off?

You never know

Well, you know it's cold up here so Eddie might be wearing mittens anyway.

Mittens, up there? You lot don't even wear shirts.

Go well, squire.

I saw the big toon fan yesterday with top off and NUFC tattoo'd on his chest. The sun was nearly out and it was about 13 degrees, he was loving that heatwave 🤣

born and bred Newcastle...but I wear me coat when it's cold, like.

Gracious in defeat Zippity, fair play fella - in my post on your board I said we had not been playing well but had found a way to win. That was far and away our best performance this season, a complete performance playing great football for 90 minutes. I wasn't confident at all going into this game given your form and defensive record, that horror show at your place well & truly exorcised.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I was hoping no one would mention the E word. CL I think is just beyond us and would probably be a disaster given the squad depth although I guess the same depth is needed for Europa? While it would be amazing I think it would be premature at this stage.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)