+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone smell Europe??

From relegation worry to European contenders. What an amazing season regardless of where we finish. I think 8th. Stealing the points at Wolves and we’re still in it.

Yes, maybe a season too early but it’s just good to have something to look forward to next year. Looks like it’s a toss up between us and Spuds but need a win today in order to hang in there.

I guess the broth burnt!!

The players are just not good enough, not their fault, but there you go. However, fair play to all of the playing staff, they’ve really put the yards in, unfortunately, they’ve been farting against thunder, when asked to consistently perform in the top half of the league.

The starting X1 basically picks itself, not cos they’re good, but cos we’ve no one else. The manager, who I didn’t rate, pre-appointment, has worked wonders with this group. Unfortunately, The fairy Godmanager can’t get them punching upward all day, every day. So alas, midnight has struck, they’ll all soon be rats, cats, and pumpkins again.

Thanks again to all the players for the grunt, but Europe? I think that if we want to visit far-off lands, any time soon, then we may have to ‘Thomas Cook’ it.

UTV

Agree Exiled, we overachieved in that run and we are a top half squad under the right coach which we have now. In 22/23 we have had a net spend of £40M, Carlos is almost all of that and hardly played, Kamara has missed a lot of games too so Emery has worked wonders in such a short time.

Fine margins in football, I don't think we're far off - a Moreno style RB, top class number 10, and attacking midfielder plus Archer would take us forward.

Good points, well made, WCV. I do try to make my posts less confrontational and critical, as they do read back like snapshots from Victor Meldrew’s diary. Alas, I’m just a year-round Grinch.

Worryingly, we always seem to be overhauling everything, upon the arrival of yet another new manager. Except for the one constant, the behind-the-scenes recruitment team, Mr. Lange, and his cronies.

RB, central mid who can pass, decent widemen, and a proper striker, for me.

Let’s hope that Unai’s opinion holds sway.

Amen brother!

Proper striker? Watkins has been fantastic.

We just need players now that will significantly improve us. I would be rading man City.

As Big Ron used to say, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" Brighton losing 3-0 at home to Everton tonight, they have City and Arsenal away next and of course we play each other on the last day! Interesting. Their other game is home to Southampton and I would normally say 3 pts to them but its a Derby....

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    As Big Ron used to say, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" Brighton losing 3-0 at home to Everton tonight, they have City and Arsenal away next and of course we play each other on the last day! Interesting. Their other game is home to Southampton and I would normally say 3 pts to them but its a Derby....
    Valid point Dave. They have the arse, jawdees away, citeh and saints home. I just think our remaining fixtures are a step too far. Our recent magnificent run has probably done for us, luck-wise.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)