+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we now talk "inbounds & outbounds" please?

Can we now talk "inbounds & outbounds" please?

Unless something catastrophic happens the EPL will be kicking off in August with us back in it.

No time for sentiment now Barnes, Cork and Rodriguez are way past their EPL sell by date. That's three to replace.

Wout Weghorst? A report from Football Insider claims ‘loan star Wout Weghorst is not expected to sign a permanent deal at Old Trafford after scoring two goals in 18 appearances’. What do we do with this dude?

Bailey Peacock-Farrell not an EPL quality keeper in my opinion, time to go?

Bastien, Twine, Foster, Churlinov & Vitinho are nowhere near good enough for the rigours and demands of the EPL IMHO.

Loan stars Maatsen, Tella, Beyer & THB are not ours and this needs addressing ASAP.

That's a lot of sorting out to do. If Pace and VK can pull this off I will be truly amazed.

It will be an interesting summer again. VK will need to pull a few rabbits out of the hat, that is for sure.

I read that we are interested in a Belgian keeper. Presumably he would replace BPF, who has not impressed really.

THB has been quoted as saying that if he is out on loan next season, he only wants to be at Burnley.

Southampton look doomed so they might be glad to offload Tella.

I don’t know enough about Beyer’s club. He may be surplus to requirements there or want to play in the PL.

My main concern is midfield and getting some more quality in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It will be an interesting summer again. VK will need to pull a few rabbits out of the hat, that is for sure.

I read that we are interested in a Belgian keeper. Presumably he would replace BPF, who has not impressed really.

THB has been quoted as saying that if he is out on loan next season, he only wants to be at Burnley.

Southampton look doomed so they might be glad to offload Tella.

I don’t know enough about Beyer’s club. He may be surplus to requirements there or want to play in the PL.

My main concern is midfield and getting some more quality in there.
    Yes swiss. Cork is an old war horse now and Bastien look way off from what we need. I think both of them could well be on their way. That leaves a big job in getting quality central midfield recruits in and it will not be cheap!

OUTGOINGS
    Rodriguez
    Barnes
    Dervisiglo
    Foster
    Cork
    Maybe all the loanees as well if we can't afford them.

INCOMINGS
    Trust in Kompany.

Just saw the interview VK did with the “spin doctor” (can’t remember his name and not bothered to look him up Alister Campbell??). VK said he signed a 5year contract expecting it to take 3-4years to take Burnley back up into the PL. Knowing that, some of the signings make more sense. I’ve said before that we probably needed another year in the Championship to develop our new players. Can’t see us making a whole lot of money selling players we just bought. He also said getting all these new players, he would expect maybe 5 to not be the right players and the need to replace them. I think I will be surprised in who we bring to the club. One thing I’m pretty sure of... they have already started on the job of making those signings and that is a huge upgrade from prePace.

Will,that was a good interview by Campbell. Kompany speaks very well,hope he stays around a few years with us..

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Just saw the interview VK did with the “spin doctor” (can’t remember his name and not bothered to look him up Alister Campbell??).
    Was it that bloke who some people accused of being a war criminal ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Was it that bloke who some people accused of being a war criminal ?
    I had a 5 minute chat with him at Millwall, we have met previously at a couple of CLP/PLP events. He is arrogant and tells fibs. I care for him not one jot.

I had a chat with him once, on the Charnock Richard M6 car park, on the way to a game at Wigan, he was very pleasant and affable, but we stuck to football, which was as well. If he caught fire my old John Thomas would remain ensconced in the budgie smugglers.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I had a chat with him once, on the Charnock Richard M6 car park, on the way to a game at Wigan, he was very pleasant and affable, but we stuck to football, which was as well. If he caught fire my old John Thomas would remain ensconced in the budgie smugglers.
    I'd attempt to douse him with half a gallon of BP's finest unleaded E5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)