+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The sack machine at full throttle

O/T:- The sack machine at full throttle

Just seen that Graham Potter has joined Brendan Rodgers in getting sacked today, along with Patrick Viera thats 3 premiership managers gone in a week! Thats 13 managers gone this season...absolute nuts!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-04-2023 at 12:28 AM.

Madness… Burchnall worth a look?

The issue is money. No one can actually build over time anymore in the premier league. If you get relegated mid build, the financial consequences are huge even with the parachute payments. For the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham who are both in dire need of a rebuild, their owners are either unable or unwilling to forgo the money the champions league brings in.

It's madness as instead of taking a step back and building something better, you end up on a merry-go-round of either trying to stay up or just settle for 4th place. Look at the two sides who are patient with their managers (I accept Brighton have changed manager but not of their own accord) but Brighton and Brentford have allowed their managers time to build and grow, they're now fighting for European qualification when normally you'd lump them as relegation fodder based on the size of the clubs. Unfortunately, the sheer amount of money means in most cases, logic is ignored

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Just seen that Graham Potter has joined Brendan Rodgers in getting sacked today, along with Patrick Viera thats 3 premiership managers gone in a week! Thats 13 managers gone this season...absolute nuts!
    You could see Potter getting the boot. Chelsea feel entitled to instant success and they shoot first, ask questions later. He must've been naive not to know this when he left a superb situation at BHA. Rodgers is more of a shock to me. I thought they might give him the chance to turn things around. Be interesting to see if this helps Leicester or hastens their demise. Could it be two East Midlands clubs relegated from the PL together?

Potter will end up at Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Could it be two East Midlands clubs relegated from the PL together?
    Nothing against Leicester, but that gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    You could see Potter getting the boot. Chelsea feel entitled to instant success and they shoot first, ask questions later. He must've been naive not to know this when he left a superb situation at BHA. Rodgers is more of a shock to me. I thought they might give him the chance to turn things around. Be interesting to see if this helps Leicester or hastens their demise. Could it be two East Midlands clubs relegated from the PL together?
    Massively naļve. Fancy doubling your money and less than a year making an absolute ton of dollar
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-04-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Radio said Potter is looking at millions pay off
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-04-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Is "The Sack Machine: Full Throttle" a sequel to Sack Machine III?

I'll see myself out

I'm not surprised by the elbowing of Rodgers, it had been coming for a while. He didn't seem to have have a clue, after every loss he looked like an angry rabbit in the headlights.

For Potter and Viera, Chelsea and Crystal Palace were bridges too far for their experience (or lack of it). Bad luck on them but serves their clubs' right for their daft appointments. I hope it costs them millions.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 03-04-2023 at 06:12 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast