+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all the doubters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post

He'll definitely leave Leicester i reckon.
    100%, last year of his contract and hasn't shown any inclination to sign a new one, plus no European football for them next season, coupled with him just breaking into starting for England - he's def gone.

Aye, you make very good points, Mick.

That stat about Murphy is insane. I was probably a bit harsh about him and willock on the match thread-born out of frustration, in the main. You're right, we've got to trust Eddie Howe (I do) and the process.

Just look at the League Table going into the final 11 games.
    Played 27, Won 13, Drawn 11, Lost 3, scored 41, conceded 19, 50 Points.
    Best defence, only lost 3 ffn games joint with Arsenal. Just those draws slowing us down.

We are going to finish 3rd.

In a dream world we'll sign: Won't happen like but here goes...

Rice DMF
    Maddison AMF
    Diaby RW
    Osimhen CF

LB & CB

We will need at least 6 players of that top calibre to compete in the UCL next season and well as maintain a top 4 challenge in the league.

As we experienced with out last Europa League adventure, West Ham this season playing in Europe and many other teams who qualify for Europe it decimates their league form and they end up mid table at best.

We can not afford to go on that roller coaster. We have to maintain a Euro presences once we achieve qualification through the league this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/newc...ite/verein/762

We have 19 players who will be registered with us next season meaning we need a minimum of 6 full time professionals & we can add a few class 18-21 yr olds who don't need to be registered to rotate in for cups and league games against the teams at the bottom end of the prem.

Next season is going to be very harsh and I really hope we don't mess it up as we have great momentum. I really don't want to see our league form drop and us be down in 14th, the press will be all over us, putting unnecessary pressure on EH and the staff. Trying to hound them out and cause division in the camp.

We all know how it goes.

EH said in his presser v west ham - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R4XB5R3r7g) - that the whole club from top brass, owners, Board, Ashworth, Eales & himself are all aligned on what we need and want to achieve.

So I'm really expecting us to spend big in the summer.

Once again we WILL finish 3rd in the league. So over to you Mr Ashworth at board to get the players EH and the squad need to remain in the top 4 next season and build on our great success this season!

I have no doubt that the club are willing to spend cash on players, there are however 2 issues that they face:

Getting players to agree to join us instead of one of the more established champions league clubs
    Financial fair play - the club, rightly imo, appear to want to be playing by the rules in this respect.

One other name I would add to the wishlist of players though doubt he would want to join us would be Bellingham

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    I have no doubt that the club are willing to spend cash on players, there are however 2 issues that they face:

Getting players to agree to join us instead of one of the more established champions league clubs
    Financial fair play - the club, rightly imo, appear to want to be playing by the rules in this respect.

One other name I would add to the wishlist of players though doubt he would want to join us would be Bellingham
    I hear you on the concerns.

1 - players. We are targeting the modest family oriented type lads not thr Flash big time Charlie's. Convincing the modest types is not such an issue. We are showing them by results and the buzz among the players that NUFC is a great environment to be as opposed to a toxic Chelsea or a Man red.

2 - FFP. With finishing 3 & UCL qualification we open up the flood gates to new revenue streams and sponsorship deals. The board will maximise this meaning money will be no object.

Plus we have 14 deadwood players to leave this summer one way or another which means we'll have a lot of room for investment.

Don't be concerned about the money side of things at all.

Agreed, ideal world signings Bellingham is absolutely in that frame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)