+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all the doubters out there.

For all the doubters out there.

All competitions this season.

Pre world Cup.
    W9 D7 L1

Post World Cup
    W9 D5 L4

Not much difference. Winning half our games and drawing more than we lose...

Also... what is it with our fans, when a player loses form, we want him.sold. ASM and Wilson recently.

We have about 8 - 10 players that need to leave before we consider such silly deals.
    Gillespie, Darlow, Manquillo, Clark, Hendrick, matty longstaff, Ritchie, Fraser, Lewis
    Then we have squad players like Lascelles, Dummett, Krafth, Murphy

Let's put our trust in Eddie and the scouting team.

Onwards and upwards....

I've said it before.... this is only the beginning

Murphy, Pat?
    He’s currently a first team starter.

You’re right though. We have our fair share of deadwood to shift before any players in the first team squad.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    All competitions this season.

Pre world Cup.
    W9 D7 L1

Post World Cup
    W9 D5 L4

Not much difference. Winning half our games and drawing more than we lose...

Also... what is it with our fans, when a player loses form, we want him.sold. ASM and Wilson recently.

We have about 8 - 10 players that need to leave before we consider such silly deals.
    Gillespie, Darlow, Manquillo, Clark, Hendrick, matty longstaff, Ritchie, Fraser, Lewis
    Then we have squad players like Lascelles, Dummett, Krafth, Murphy

Let's put our trust in Eddie and the scouting team.

Onwards and upwards....

I've said it before.... this is only the beginning

If it keeps improving at the steady rate it has since Eddie took over then who has a right to complain. Window by window he will improve the squad and even in a few windows time when we imagine we are almost complete, it won't stop there.

He will always seek to improve us. There is no time to stop improving.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 03-04-2023 at 12:24 PM.

The point I was making, our own fans moaning about the bubble being burst, when in fact, since we played Leeds away last year, we have been consistent in EVERYTHING we have done.
    We lost 2 league games (to Liverpool and City) lost a cup final and drew a couple of games (when fitness was an issue with.our attacking players)

We are already 3rd and still improving.

The "BIG SIX" are rattled!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Murphy, Pat?
    He’s currently a first team starter.

You’re right though. We have our fair share of deadwood to shift before any players in the first team squad.
    I appreciate Murphy is currently starting, but I would.guess if any of ASM, Gordon or Miggy were fully fit, he would move aside.

Murphy this season has started 9 games.
    8 wins and 1 draw. Unbelievable stat

Calling for players to be sold is just coming from a place of impatience. We've tasted the promised land and we want it now! I have been as guilty as anyone of calling for players to be sold.

Rather than concentrate on sales then, I would just say I hope we buy a holding midfielder, James Maddison (or another creative scoring mid), a top quality winger and a 20 goal a season striker. Wilson could be that man if he can stay fit, but we all know he won't.

We also need better backup in most positions

The one guy who seems to be rocking the boat is Fraser. What on earth has gone on with that guy. I thought he was quality on his day.

Fraser has shown poor attitude by all accounts - something EH won’t tolerate for even a second.

It’s normal for us as fans to want constant improvement and suggest changes to the team/squad as a result.
    However, there’s more to a team than player skill and technical ability and the determination and will to win across our whole squad isn’t something that just appears. You need players with the right attitude AND an excellent coach and staff.
    Would you bring in Maddison or even Neymar into our team if it meant losing the team spirit? Or would you keep a group together that is winning and busting a gut every match?
    Eddie’s job is to improve the technical ability of the ream while maintaining the current attitude and that’s why we will not be making mass signings all in one go and why potential signings will be carefully vetted.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Fraser has shown poor attitude by all accounts - something EH won’t tolerate for even a second.

It’s normal for us as fans to want constant improvement and suggest changes to the team/squad as a result.
    However, there’s more to a team than player skill and technical ability and the determination and will to win across our whole squad isn’t something that just appears. You need players with the right attitude AND an excellent coach and staff.
    Would you bring in Maddison or even Neymar into our team if it meant losing the team spirit? Or would you keep a group together that is winning and busting a gut every match?
    Eddie’s job is to improve the technical ability of the ream while maintaining the current attitude and that’s why we will not be making mass signings all in one go and why potential signings will be carefully vetted.
    No, I agree with you, it has to be the right kind of personality. As it happens I think Maddison may fit in nicely.

I definitely don't want the likes of Neymar, Pogba, Lukaku and Aubameyang. I wouldn't take Neymar on a free.

There is a reason Maddison has been linked for 2 full windows, and is still touted for the next window. The club will have done all character checks and his workmate / attitude will have already been vetted... we have been after him so long, we simply must have faith in him fitting the mould

Maddison would be a dream signing. My main concern is other teams will be sniffing around.

He'll definitely leave Leicester i reckon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)