+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

That would for starters , from he has said about his meeting with Ogren it seems he wants to control recruitment, which should be a good thing

Best of luck Jim, hoping to see some joined up thinking in the recruitment process for next season and some changes to the backroom staff asap

Call me a superstitious old fool, but Hinchcliffe should have been fired long before now based purely on the fact that he was part of the coaching set up last time we went down. That's quite apart from the fact that he's clearly just not very f*cking good! See when the club get round to firing him after the fact, that's just going to piss me off even more. The staggering incompetence of those in charge absolutely beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We really should have enough budget that we build a big enough squad that a decent manager wins if the league built on a solid defence and being able to win away from keeping it tight and later in season those with smaller less strong squads fall away

I reckon Neilson or a Dodds would get us up first time, jury still out on Goodwin but I am relieved in a way that we won't be manager hunting and he can get down to business of attempting convincing guys like McGrath to maybe comeback and the likes of Harkes, Fletch, Levitt etc to stay as unlikely as it might seem and finding a solid keeper

We are still by a long way the biggest club outside the sheep, hearts, hibs and the uglies so should be about to attract players
    Harkes phuck me no wanting that yank anywhere near us next season. I heard that Goodwin called him a coward at half-time on Wednesday.

the likes of Harkes, Fletch, Levitt etc to stay
    Stop it, your on the absolute wind up

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Stop it, your on the absolute wind up

I don't mind if you or other's don't like or rate Harkes, I think he is a good player and would be a standout again at the level we'll be at best season, I'm not at the wind up and confident enough in my opinion so let agree to disagree as my mind won't be changed on it

On Wednesday, I thought it was the wrong decision to take him off btw when he did, changes were needed but wrong choice to come off, left us short in the engine room and we got exposed on the break more because of it

The jury is out on JG, hopefully he can build a decent team and squad though and we'll need to try and keep a core of players, having one whowas a standout in our last championship winning season will do no harm

Can't see any of the players I listed staying anyway, more hope than expectation

I don't mind if you or other's don't like or rate Harkes, I think he is a good player and would be a standout again at the level we'll be at best season, I'm not at the wind up and confident enough in my opinion so let agree to disagree as my mind won't be changed on it

On Wednesday, I thought it was the wrong decision to take him off btw when he did, changes were needed but wrong choice to come off, left us short in the engine room and we got exposed on the break more because of it

The jury is out on JG, hopefully he can build a decent team and squad though and we'll need to try and keep a core of players, having one whowas a standout in our last championship winning season will do no harm

Can't see any of the players I listed staying anyway, more hope than expectation
    "Stand out again"

When has he ever been a standout?

If you need a poster boy for everything that has been wrong with us for a long time hes your guy. A midfielder with no positional sense, no bottle in the tackle, is prone to hiding and never makes space to receive a pass. He's somehow made a career out of us due to occasionally popping up with a goal in big games. He's like playing with a man down at times and is the epitome of the sh1tebags we have been signing for too long

We are short in the engine room with him in it , can’t remember the last time he won a meaningful tackle , by passed by the opposition far to easily etc

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Jim has been given a 2 year deal.
    Good news. Hopefully start to clear the decks and get rid once tomorrow is out the way.

Hiya Ian

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)