+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

What's done is done in respect of not replacing Butcher. AND all the other monumental recruitment blunders.

It'll be some job to turn this around. A long-term project no doubt. So we've got to start pronto.

This close season must see an overhaul of the squad with a challenge for promotion the target. Meanwhile, the purge of Revolution Sports guys needs to be continuing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    What's done is done in respect of not replacing Butcher. AND all the other monumental recruitment blunders.

It'll be some job to turn this around. A long-term project no doubt. So we've got to start pronto.

This close season must see an overhaul of the squad with a challenge for promotion the target. Meanwhile, the purge of Revolution Sports guys needs to be continuing in the background.
    Agree with all that.

What we have been missing is a tough leader in Midfield

If we had a decent keeper we’d be staying up - that’s the simple truth too

Goodwin keen to stay so let’s have him do the long term rebuild we need

Will be nice to have some continuity in manager

Jim has been given a 2 year deal.

And here for the next 2 years.

Not 100% sure its the right appointment myself, but as I mentioned last night, who else is out there to take a chance on?

I'm happy enough with that . Best option available I reckon. Gives him full summer to get rid of the sh!te and bring in some players and build a team with what we have left that will get us out of this league.

And I'm sure in his short spell here, he will already be WELL aware just how much sh*te we really have.

Best oh luck Jim, yir gonna need it.

We really should have enough budget that we build a big enough squad that a decent manager wins if the league built on a solid defence and being able to win away from keeping it tight and later in season those with smaller less strong squads fall away

I reckon Neilson or a Dodds would get us up first time, jury still out on Goodwin but I am relieved in a way that we won't be manager hunting and he can get down to business of attempting convincing guys like McGrath to maybe comeback and the likes of Harkes, Fletch, Levitt etc to stay as unlikely as it might seem and finding a solid keeper

We are still by a long way the biggest club outside the sheep, hearts, hibs and the uglies so should be about to attract players

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We really should have enough budget that we build a big enough squad that a decent manager wins if the league built on a solid defence and being able to win away from keeping it tight and later in season those with smaller less strong squads fall away

I reckon Neilson or a Dodds would get us up first time, jury still out on Goodwin but I am relieved in a way that we won't be manager hunting and he can get down to business of attempting convincing guys like McGrath to maybe comeback and the likes of Harkes, Fletch, Levitt etc to stay as unlikely as it might seem and finding a solid keeper

We are still by a long way the biggest club outside the sheep, hearts, hibs and the uglies so should be about to attract players
    Harkes

Goalie has to be priority, Harkes can **** off for me

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Goalie has to be priority, Harkes can **** off for me
    Hinchcliffe, The Biro, Saku and Newman out. Jamie MacDonald goalie coach/number 2 in Stevie Banks role.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)