+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

In our other relegation seasons there was a mixture of reasons but this time its entirely of our own doing. We cant cite bad luck,bad decisions or other teams. We have well & truly fkd ourselves over. How in earth do we manage to offload a whole team of dross,buy new players & mould them into a team for next season is beyond me. All I know is that I never want us signing lightweight,injury prone,veteran,utterly average at best,mentally weak charlatans masquerading as footballers. We need to forget about us pretending to be a footballing side & get in some nasty big bstrds,like most of our opponents seem to have, that appreciate they are lucky to be playing for us & know how to fight & scrap for every point. I have struggled to fully support this group of players ever since the europeqn/ celtic debacles. They are responsible for a season of embarrassment with some of the worst performances in our history. Get every last one of them out of our club

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I know it’s not very palatable to some and whether he’d come back under the current owner I really don’t know but there’s really only one answer to this and it’s Robbie Neilson. We’re back where we don’t want to be and we certainly don’t want another 4 year jolly. We need somebody that knows what it takes to win that division and get promoted. And that’s Neilson. 100%.

Was gonna suggest this a few days ago but can imagine how it would have gone down

Has won the championship 3/3 when managing from the start with us and Hearts

I think we either go with Goodwin or it has to be a Neilson kind of appointment, where you know he will get us out of there ASAP

I'd have Ogren stay though, we need finance behind us, we don't know what new owners would bring, a budget like last 2019/20 is required here

In Goodwins favour at least he knows the squad. He got some dogs abuse at full time, I felt that was really harsh, worst thing he did was win those three games, it fooled people into thinking our team was better than it is. The handicap of our inbalanced squad as result of our recruitment, means any team that is organised will beat us. I really don't know what any manager can do about the first goal we lost Saturday and tonight.

Goodwin comments after game suggest he wants to stay , made a lot of good points as to what’s went wrong , him or Neilson would do me as for Ogren the best thing he can do is sell up , he has already stated he will not be putting any more money in . That squad needs rebuilt from top to bottom

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Goodwin comments after game suggest he wants to stay , made a lot of good points as to what’s went wrong , him or Neilson would do me as for Ogren the best thing he can do is sell up , he has already stated he will not be putting any more money in . That squad needs rebuilt from top to bottom
    If he's not putting anymore money in we'd be as well going into admin. How much does he think the club will be worth once we drop another level?

It has to be major surgery including the manager all punted. this group will simply be relegated from the championship or finish bottom play off at best.

I'd be interested to see what Goodwin can do once given time to sign his own players. I think it was an impossible task for whoever came in due to the complete imbalance to the squad. The recruitment team needs to be binned, give Goodwin full control of who he wants to sign, and build a team. For the love of god sign some ****ing pace at the top end of the pitch, some defensive units in midfield, 2 competent goalkeepers, and a decent back line. We need to blow this league away and you don't do that with a team full of slow, weak, tippy-tappy pussies. He absolutely pissed this league with St Mirren. I don't think i could watch us under Neilson again.

Oh and we need to do our business fast. The hanging about until it is too late has been utterly mind-boggling. We could have saved our season by getting a few players in on loan even. I'm honestly in a state of shock at how self-inflicted this has been and 99% of the fans called it at the beginning of the season.

This Chairman doesn't have a ****ing clue about football and he has nobody to blame but himself.
    Last edited by bannon_ftd_83; 25-05-2023 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'd have Ogren stay though, we need finance behind us
    Just a shame he wasn't willing to finance our survival in January, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Id be interested to see what Goodwin can do once given time to sign his own players. I think it was an impossible task for whoever came in due to the complete imballance to the squad. The recruitment team need binned, give Goodwin full control of who he wants to sign and build a team. For the love of god sign some ****ing pace at the top end of the pitch, some defensive units in midfield, a competent goalkeeper and a decent back line. We need to blow this league away and you dont do that with a team full of slow, weak pussies. He absolutely pissed this league with St Mirren. I don't think i could watch us under Neilson again.
    This for me , having heard his interview after the game , he nails it , poor recruitment, unbalanced squad , think he deserves a chance at it

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    This for me , having heard his interview after the game , he nails it , poor recruitment, unbalanced squad , think he deserves a chance at it
    4 abject defeats in a row, unable to get any kind of reaction from the players whatsoever, no thanks!

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)