+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rating Subs

Rating Subs

NCP had Vinny and JOB with the lowest marks of any of our players yesterday. Nonsense

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ngs-vs-8333074

Anyone else agree that subs should be rated for what they do in the time they're allowed and not have their rating scaled back to a percentage of the whole?

Give a high mark, the same as a starter, and everyone knows it's as a sub, they can see the line-ups, they don't have to be marked down...

Sometimes subs get an ordinary lowish mark because they don't have time to show what they can do or have any impact. But with as much as 25-30 mins (with stoppage time) that isn't the case and I thought Vinny and JOB were both worth a 8 yesterday IMO
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 08-04-2023 at 05:52 AM.

Agreed.
    Vincent has to mark higher than Jones.
    Jones looked a yard off the pace yesterday and created very little.
    Vinny was superb and deserved a goal.
    Jones-6
    Vinny-8

Agree AC it's always been the way that subs get penalised in their ratings. However if it was up to me I would give them mark based on their limited time played but I'd add in an asterisk just to make sure people know the 7 or 8 is for say just 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Agreed.
    Vincent has to mark higher than Jones.
    Jones looked a yard off the pace yesterday and created very little.
    Vinny was superb and deserved a goal.
    Jones-6
    Vinny-8
    Whatever league we're in next season, I hope Vinny wants to re-sign and the club wants to keep him.
    We should be keeping committed 23 year-olds with their best years ahead of them.

Vinney did more in the short time he was on the pitch than Jones did in 90mins of passing backwards. Obrian put the best tackles in especially the one on the right touchline I would give both of them a 8/10

I think Vinny could make that LWB his own next season with his pace and energy

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Whatever league we're in next season, I hope Vinny wants to re-sign and the club wants to keep him.
    We should be keeping committed 23 year-olds with their best years ahead of them.
    Just shows you the benefit of being sent out on what turns out to be a successful loan period. Comes back and plays a part.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Just shows you the benefit of being sent out on what turns out to be a successful loan period. Comes back and plays a part.
    Very true - and very rare in our recent history. Struggling to think of the last time we sent someone out on loan and later rehabilitated them.

Yup it's usually the prelude to being shown the exit door. But under the Bros and LW very little surprises me now.

Definitely agree about subs being marked on what they achieve in the time they are on rather than marking them down due to the minutes they play. I have been generally underwhelmed by Jones since he signed, and he never seems to get involved with the goal celebrations, maybe he has not settled in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast