+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team for Monday

Your team for Monday

Mair
    Brindley Baldwin Cameron
    Nemane Palmer Bostock Chicksen
    Ruben JOB
    Langstaff

Harsh on Austin but I think JOB’s form and experience just edge it.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Mair
    Brindley Baldwin Cameron
    Ruben JOB
    Langstaff

Like it, but I'll have Rawlo and Austin for Brindley and JOB

I'm very confident we'll see the first one...Brinds just coming back won't be asked to play twice in 72 hours

We have Scott, Vincent, Jones and Morias now as impact subs so we can start Austin and have JOB there to shore up if required...you never know when it comes to Austin's selection though

Glad to see support for Mair, massive game for him but it seems the logical pick atm

Mair
    Brindley Baldwin Cameron
    Ruben JOB
    Langstaff

That was my team I texted to a couple of mates last night but think with it being Brindley’s first game in 3 months he will go for Rawlinson (if was possible could do with Rawlinson’s heading and Brindley pace) and start with JOB to control the midfield with the game plan to replace him with Austin at 60 as they tire.
    Think the only other possible change is Baj for Baldwin depending how he is after yesterday

Mair
    Brindley Baldwin Cameron
    Ruben JOB
    Langstaff

Agree with the midfield, Austin always such a good player to bring on too. We’ll see on Monday but feel like JOB and Rawlinson - with his aerial strength - were rested rather than left out yesterday. Their experience could be *****.

Langstaff was hobbling at the end of the game yesterday so fingers crossed that’s nothing, and that Rubén’s back too. Baldwin also got his customary injury late-on - but would be less concerned in that case as Bajrami had been playing well. Also hope Slocombe was left out as a precaution as would worry about Mair or Brooks dealing with Wrexham’s aerial bombardment. A lot of uncertainties!

Slocombe (if fit)
    Rawlinson Baldwin Cameron
    Nemane O’Brien Palmer Bostock Chicksen
    Rodrigues
    Langstaff

Brindley; Vincent: Jones; Austin; Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Like it, but I'll have Rawlo and Austin for Brindley and JOB

I'm very confident we'll see the first one...Brinds just coming back won't be asked to play twice in 72 hours

We have Scott, Vincent, Jones and Morias now as impact subs so we can start Austin and have JOB there to shore up if required...you never know when it comes to Austin's selection though

Glad to see support for Mair, massive game for him but it seems the logical pick atm
    So you’d have no defenders or goalkeepers on the bench? Or are you not suggesting a bench of Scott, Vinny, Jones, Morris and JoB?

I think Rawlinson has to start to deal with the in game physicality of Dalby or Palmer in game and to be a presence against their set piece.
    I’d also start with JoB with Ruben coming back in for Austin - as harsh as that is, Ruben IS the best player in the League let alone at the club. He’s definitely been rested with Mondays game in mind.

Mair
    Brindley Baldwin Cameron
    Ruben JOB
    Langstaff

I'd go with

Mair
    Rawlinson. Baldwin. Cameron
    Nemane Palmer JOB Chicksen
    Jones. Ruben
    Langstaff

Subs- Austin
    Scott
    Brindley
    Bostock
    Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So you’d have no defenders or goalkeepers on the bench?
    Of course not, just listing the attacking sub options.
    FWIW my subs for Monday would be...Brooks / Bajrami / JOB / Vincent / Scott

What you say about Ruben....I'm thinking, he's so important, he might have been protected from facing teams who could nobble him. Halifax hate him (not justified) for supposedly getting a player sent off (not true) - he didn't play against them.
    Wasn't there a big row after Dyer targeted and elbowed him last season? An off-the-pace clogger like that can do some damage. I think it was him with the classy scorpion kick yesterday
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 08-04-2023 at 08:23 AM.

I don't think Chicksen going out to the right yesterday (when he could just as easily be taken off and rested) was just improvisation. LW was probably looking at it as a finishing XI line-up option for big games in the run-in (now we have FV as a LWB and no TAR).

I’ve been impressed by Mair since has ‘mare against Maidstone in the FA Trophy. He’s yet to concede a goal in over 2.5 league games, made some good saves (including the penalty at Altrincham) and for me deserves to keep his place regardless of whether Sam is fit to return. Wrexham will probably force us to go long a lot more, given their pressing game, and he’s best equipped to deal with the ball at his feet (great little dribble in the second half yesterday) and knock the ball over the top for Macca or a breaking midfielder.

I’d go for
    Mair
    Rawlinson Baldwin (or Bajrami) Cameron
    Nemane JOB Bostock Palmer Chicksen
    Rodrigues
    Langstaff

Subs: Brooks (we need a keeper on the bench), Austin, Brindley (or Baldwin or Bajrami), Vincent, Scott

I picked Mair on the assumption that SS is injured.
    If he’s fit, SS is back in for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast