+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs (H) 9th Apr

This has been so avoidable this season though hasn’t it?

Qualified for Europe so no League Cup group games and a longer close season. Instead,as it seems to have been, a few extra weeks on the piss for the likes of Tony Watt.

Consistency for the first time in a long time with the majority of the squad signed up and a manager on a long term contract. Instead, somebody ‘in charge’ (we all know who) decides it’s ok for TC to simply walk away for, er, phuck all.

Loads of time to plan ahead from Feb/Mar 2022 knowing we were likely to be top six and possibly qualify for Europe and therefore get in the right guys in the right positions early in the close season so they were all signed up and good to go for the start of pre-season training. Instead, Lewis Neilson (remember him?) gets to walk for phuck all amongst a catalogue of criminal signing decisions culminating in the ludicrous goalkeeping policy management including (and I still maintain this) the decision to let Trevor Carson walk one year early (again for phuck all I may add). That one single decision may be the one that ultimately decided our fate frankly.

Despite all of the above, we then had the incredibly lucky, once in a lifetime break of a winter World Cup which meant that come the January Window we were far fewer games into the season than we otherwise would have been under normal circumstances. Given that the woefully inadequate areas of our squad had been ruthlessly exposed by that point, we were given a great opportunity to correct it with loads of time to spare. We failed to take it.

Longer term though, let’s face it this has been in the post. Over the last two years we have lost/sold Shankland, Appere, Fuchs, Butcher, Clark, Watt, Kerr Smith, Siegrist, Carson, Lewis Neilson and not adequately replaced, let’s face it, ANY of them. So we’re now in the ludicrous position of one recognised THIRTY SIX year old striker, no central defensive midfielders and a goalkeeper who should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act. And regretfully this was/is so unnecessary. As mentioned above, we have had so many chances to sort this out in time and we’ve taken none of them.

We’re phucked.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 08-04-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    This has been so avoidable this season though hasn’t it?

Qualified for Europe so no League Cup group games and a longer close season. Instead,as it seems to have been, a few extra weeks on the piss for the likes of Tony Watt.

Consistency for the first time in a long time with the majority of the squad signed up and a manager on a long term contract. Instead, somebody ‘in charge’ (we all know who) decides it’s ok for TC to simply walk away for, er, phuck all.

Loads of time to plan ahead from Feb/Mar 2022 knowing we were likely to be top six and possibly qualify for Europe and therefore get in the right guys in the right positions early in the close season so they were all signed up and good to go for the start of pre-season training. Instead, Lewis Neilson (remember him?) gets to walk for phuck all amongst a catalogue of criminal signing decisions culminating in the ludicrous goalkeeping policy management including (and I still maintain this) the decision to let Trevor Carson walk one year early (again for phuck all I may add). That one single decision may be the one that ultimately decided our fate frankly.

Despite all of the above, we then had the incredibly lucky, once in a lifetime break of a winter World Cup which meant that come the January Window we were far fewer games into the season than we otherwise would have been under normal circumstances. Given that the woefully inadequate areas of our squad had been ruthlessly exposed by that point, we were given a great opportunity to correct it with loads of time to spare. We failed to take it.

Longer term though, let’s face it this has been in the post. Over the last two years we have lost/sold Shankland, Appere, Fuchs, Butcher, Clark, Watt, Kerr Smith, Siegrist, Carson, Lewis Neilson and not adequately replaced, let’s face it, ANY of them. So we’re now in the ludicrous position of one recognised THIRTY SIX year old striker, no central defensive midfielders and a goalkeeper who should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act. And regretfully this was/is so unnecessary. As mentioned above, we have had so many chances to sort this out in time and we’ve taken none of them.

We’re phucked.
    There are some other things i could add but pretty much nail on the head there mate. The thing is the vast majority of fans could see this, seriously pluck any fan out the stands and they could have advised the club how to do things a lot better than they have. The club seems to be full of absolutely braindead non football people...and its us fans that are paying the price for this.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    There are some other things i could add but pretty much nail on the head there mate. The thing is the vast majority of fans could see this, seriously pluck any fan out the stands and they could have advised the club how to do things a lot better than they have. The club seems to be full of absolutely braindead non football people...and its us fans that are paying the price for this.
    That is one of the things that annoys me, the vast majority of fans could see the problems, and clearly Asgar the main culprit, and extension of that the owner, but their has to be a collective responsibility, as in what the He11 have all the others coaches and staff been doing that no one is screaming the obvious up the chain? Ross replaces Butcher/Fuchs with Sibbald, Fox replaces Butcher/Fuchs with Djoum, there are coaches that have been there for years, surely they should be pointing out the obvious in January window, but it is like the entire club was in denial.

I remember thinking we were doomed after Jan window, then thinking the problems seemed so apparent to do nothing about them, that I started to doubt myself, thinking well they work with these players everyday, why wouldnt they address them, maybe they are seeing something I'm blind to and not seeing, they are better placed, and then we played Killie after split, and all benefit of doubt/goodwill evaporated in 90 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    That is one of the things that annoys me, the vast majority of fans could see the problems, and clearly Asgar the main culprit, and extension of that the owner, but their has to be a collective responsibility, as in what the He11 have all the others coaches and staff been doing that no one is screaming the obvious up the chain? Ross replaces Butcher/Fuchs with Sibbald, Fox replaces Butcher/Fuchs with Djoum, there are coaches that have been there for years, surely they should be pointing out the obvious in January window, but it is like the entire club was in denial.

I remember thinking we were doomed after Jan window, then thinking the problems seemed so apparent to do nothing about them, that I started to doubt myself, thinking well they work with these players everyday, why wouldnt they address them, maybe they are seeing something I'm blind to and not seeing, they are better placed, and then we played Killie after split, and all benefit of doubt/goodwill evaporated in 90 mins.
    I think that the club has been under that much of a dictatorship that there has been many voices who have been passing the message up stairs, only for them that could do, have exercised their right to find new employment as soon as they could having not been listened to.

On another note, while i was listening to Sportsound today, there was a comment regarding how our squad was a hard one to manage. Affy naive of me to think the players are here to play for us, eh! Save us or fecking empty they feckers!

I dreamt last night a 1-0 win for united today, keeper played a blinder, well done Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    I dreamt last night a 1-0 win for united today, keeper played a blinder, well done Newman.
    United getting a clean sheet with Popadom in goal in his current form? Yeah, sounds like a dream right enough.

dream on

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    ....... then you woke up to the breaking news ...... Releghitti starts

Can’t bring myself to give up just yet. Will see how I’m feeling when I’m trudging out of tanny today.

COME ON UNITED 🧡🖤

Dragging myself through to Tannadice today, oh well, can’t wait.

‘Mon tae Fek United.

We need to win today. The obvious reason being if we don't then the gap widens to 4 or even 5 points, but possibly more than that is just to show that we are capable of winning a game - something about which I have serious doubts. Our last win came on the second day of this year. In that time Kilmarnock have beaten ourselves and Hearts. County have beaten Kilmarnock, ourselves and now St Johnstone. Both teams showing that they have a win in them somewhere, something that we do not have if the last 11 games are anything to go by. The players need the belief that they can do this but they need that first win. It has to be today or we're goosed - I don't care about the mathematics of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)