+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfie Bavidge

Alfie Bavidge

Don’t think he has his own thread on here yet?

Feels like I’ve been reading about him banging them in for the U-18s all season long, and watching some choice goals on RedTV, but am I right in thinking we don’t have him locked down on a proper contract yet?

Looks a potential class act and didn’t seem out of place yesterday.

It's always hard to tell how good they are at such a young age, but never going to tell until he gets a run of games.

He did look decent yesterday, but I would say a loan at a Championship club could be a better option next season for him.

This makes me feel affa auld.
    I mind watching his Granda, Mitch Bavidge, playing in the Juniors.
    He played Highland League as well.

Jaysus, the sons of boys I've seen play is one thing, now we're onto Grandsons....😔

I saw Mitch knock them in for the Maroons back in the 70s and Alfie’s da, Martin do the same for his school team.

Good to see Alfie get stuck in yesterday. Looks fearless, like Johnny Hewitt was at a similar age.

I watched Mitch cut his teeth at Stoney Juniors, he might've been in the team that had a run to the last 16 of the Junior Cup......73 or thereabouts.
    He'd mebbe moved on to the Highland League by then....

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I watched Mitch cut his teeth at Stoney Juniors, he might've been in the team that had a run to the last 16 of the Junior Cup......73 or thereabouts.
    He'd mebbe moved on to the Highland League by then....
    A bit later at Kynoch Park. He’d already been at Peterheid (?) and Elgin before he realised everyone’s ambition of donning The Sacred Maroon, and was around just after Dod Summers, Ally Brebner, and Kevin Bremner who ripped up defences like soggy lavvie paper in the three-in-a-row squad 79-81.

Aye, Peterhead was his first port of call in the Highland League I think.

Mebbe my memory is playing tricks, but was he nae briefly at Dundee?
    I mean briefly....dinna think he troubled the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye, Peterhead was his first port of call in the Highland League I think.

Mebbe my memory is playing tricks, but was he nae briefly at Dundee?
    I mean briefly....dinna think he troubled the first team.
    TMSTID and Kirkcaldy Linobackers at the then senior level. Somewhere, some statto trainspotter will have the full griff. Too late, I think, for Bobby Wilson at Raith to have signed him after he vacated the Maroon managerial jaicket to pass on its smaller-fit version to ex-Don Jimmy. In case I forget to mention it, his last Maroons’ game was the 1986 League Cup final victory over Thickie Bustle at Boroughbriggs (1-0, Andy Fettes penalty). My late brother referred to Bobby as The Messiah, and Jimmy as The Assistant Messiah.

I thought he looked good too, nice touches and not far away from a goal. Pretty solid for 16 years old too - looked comparable to the Michty Duk when he tagged in.
    Can't sign a pro contract until you're 17 which is why he's probably still on a youth contract. Hopefully gets signed up asap

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I thought he looked good too, nice touches and not far away from a goal. Pretty solid for 16 years old too - looked comparable to the Michty Duk when he tagged in.
    Can't sign a pro contract until you're 17 which is why he's probably still on a youth contract. Hopefully gets signed up asap
    17 today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast