+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No national hunt racing

No national hunt racing

These horses aren't even born.

Seems to be a bit of a myth these animals would be grazing in the meadows if they weren't racing. 🙄

They probably have a far better health service than us.

I hear what you are saying and agree.Could they not tone some fences down a bit tho? Horrible to see at times.

I'm nae animal lover but 3 horses killed at Aintree this week is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I'm nae animal lover but 3 horses killed at Aintree this week is unacceptable.
    These horses are bred for that very meeting, without Aintree the horses don't exist. I don't agree with horse racing at all but I respect the right of those that do to breed horses for their profit / enjoyment - if they can afford it and have the facilities let them get on with is my mantra.

Taking your theory to the extreme however many cattle were slaughtered last week is unacceptable even though they're bred for that very reason and would never have lived if we didn't want them.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I hear what you are saying and agree.Could they not tone some fences down a bit tho? Horrible to see at times.
    They already have toned the fences down massively. Back in the sixties and seventies the fences were higher, wider, harder both in composition and difficulty. I'm no fan of the Grand National or horse racing in general but I reckon if it is toned down any more it wouldn't be the race that it is and would be as well being scrapped, which after all is the aim of the animal 'activists'.

Just under a million directly and indirectly employed, throw in the towns that benefit and it is literally a multi million pound industry.

You could argue the death of hill six**** maybe wouldn't have happened if race had went off on time and the horses didn't have even more time to get on their toes.

The concession I would make is having a standing start rather than have them cantering in.

If I mind right the field used to be over 60 even in my lifetime.

Just stop oil, just stop gambling, just stop horse racing, just stop life.

Rugby union must be one of the most dangerous team sports there is but couldn't imagine the 6 nations being called off.

Also I don't think folk realise greyhound racing has a pretty horrific record when it comes to animal welfare.

I do think the horses are treated almost like kings at the higher levels, no so sure at lower end of the scale.

Excessive use of whip has also pretty much been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Unless you’re asked to vote to allow ćocks in frocks into women’s spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Just under a million directly and indirectly employed, throw in the towns that benefit and it is literally a multi million pound industry.

You could argue the death of hill six**** maybe wouldn't have happened if race had went off on time and the horses didn't have even more time to get on their toes.

The concession I would make is having a standing start rather than have them cantering in.

If I mind right the field used to be over 60 even in my lifetime.

Just stop oil, just stop gambling, just stop horse racing, just stop life.

Rugby union must be one of the most dangerous team sports there is but couldn't imagine the 6 nations being called off.

Also I don't think folk realise greyhound racing has a pretty horrific record when it comes to animal welfare.

I do think the horses are treated almost like kings at the higher levels, no so sure at lower end of the scale.

How about Just Stop Do Gooding, Virtue Signalling, Smug, Self Centred, Self Important Numpties. They offend me and is it not the case in this f*cked up world that if you perceive offence then it is a proper offence no matter what. Someone should take the barstewards on in court.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Unless you’re asked to vote to allow ćocks in frocks into women’s spaces.
    😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    How about Just Stop Do Gooding, Virtue Signalling, Smug, Self Centred, Self Important Numpties. They offend me and is it not the case in this f*cked up world that if you perceive offence then it is a proper offence no matter what. Someone should take the barstewards on in court.
    A lot of these protestors seem to be a certain type.......but I don't mind folk wanting animals having better treatment, don't agree with the method.

Just stop oil and extinction rebellion.....zero time.

An English police force was forced to take down posters which read a perceived offence is an offence.......because it's not an offence at all.

Mob mentality.....I don't like soap operas with their ***ist bull about men, I just don't watch, I don't want them banned.

Katie Hopkins ( no everyone's cup of tea ) was recently cancelled from Whitehall theatre because a few people don't agree with her and the Whitehall theatre cudnt " guarantee staffs security ".......threat of violence from mob..... They cave in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)