+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Mullins was the difference in the game. His relentless running even when clearly knackered unnerved the back line. However, he shouldn’t have been on the pitch. I see on the Wrexham board that some are moaning about the officiating and on another day they win by more. If the officials had done there jobs properly Mullins should have been booked for a ridiculous dive in the first half before eventually being booked for a tackle that some of my mates messaged saying it was a red card challenge (they watch too much Prem football)

We have lost the game fair and square. No point with could’ve or should’ve.

I really don’t see us as a 10% chance of winning the playoffs. I don’t want LW to change the way we play because of one bad day at the office. We are more than good enough to win the playoffs, the league table tells us that and the points picked up against teams in the playoffs tells us that (none of whom have beaten us). We also have the experience in playoffs, the heart ache should drive this squad on.

I do have a conundrum though. Do we really want to win v Woking next week? Beating them could let Cheaterfield take 3rd.
    Personally the next 3 games are irrelevant, we could lose or win all 3 it makes no difference whats so ever, their are only potentially 2 games we must win

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Personally the next 3 games are irrelevant, we could lose or win all 3 it makes no difference whats so ever, their are only potentially 2 games we must win

It makes a big difference if Wrexham lose the next 2 or 3.

The defence cannot function as a proper unit when there is no consistancy in team selection. Whether it's through injury or experimentation it is seldom the same players anywhere are selected for two consecutive games. This cannot lead to an understanding among the players when it comes to defending against an organised attacking side.

As we have seen, winning games by three or four goals and not conceding any and no injuries still doesn't mean the same players will be picked for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The defence cannot function as a proper unit when there is no consistancy in team selection. Whether it's through injury or experimentation it is seldom the same players anywhere are selected for two consecutive games. This cannot lead to an understanding among the players when it comes to defending against an organised attacking side.

As we have seen, winning games by three or four goals and not conceding any and no injuries still doesn't mean the same players will be picked for the next game.
    It's not just communication between defenders, it's the way we set up to defend. The high line and risky passing in and around our area. It's OK against weak opposition where we get 75% of possession and score three or four goals, but against a decent side it's suicidal. If we do get promoted this season, it will need addressing, otherwise we'll get found out.

Most of the goals we concede are due to defensive errors rather than us being torn apart. I get that to play the way we do you have to concede some amount of defensive solidity, but there's a line where it's counterproductive.

I would like to see Jones replacing Chicksen and Austin to start and hope Baldwin is fit.

I feared Baldwin would be missed, but I didn't realise he would be badly missed as he was. He's a clear upgrade on the other centre halves.

JOB starting the game and Austin coming on was what I would have chosen and worked. I was calling for that substitution and LW made it soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I would like to see Jones replacing Chicksen and Austin to start and hope Baldwin is fit.
    I agree that Austin should start. He'll be a big player for us next season, especially if Ruben leaves. He always seems to make a difference, but for some reason he never gets a solid run in the team.

Let’s face it, we set up for Tozer’s throws and got picked off because Baj and Rawlinson aren’t quick enough (or good enough in Baj’s case)

We had to attack Wrexham, and they didn’t have to attack us (except for 4 mins), that made the situation worse.

I can’t stand Mullin and his theatrics (he was lucky not to have been sent off), but he’s the best player at this level when he actually plays.

Tinker man got it completely wrong, he should not have made the 5 changes from the team that played Friday. Rodrigues was clearly not fit and should not have been included, The defence was completely pedestrian and lacked the pace of Brindley. All this bo**ocks about not being able to play 2 games a week doesn't wash with me. If i was Sam Austin i would tell Williams to stick his club...Williams cost us that game..

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The next 3 games are crucial to get momentum back into the play offs, we can't just cruise into them.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast